Elevation (Read 1614 times)

calderlad

I looked at your training log.  There are no courses that began with ESFRC.  There are a few that started with ESF, but I didn't see any problems with them.  What browser are you using?

Those were the ones I meant. When I access them at work they are fine the profile is there and a nice little touch with being able to scroll over the profile as well. Browser? Would that me Firefox or am I way of with that?

eric :)

Oh...wait.  Are you supposed to be able to see the elevation profile on the Map tab if you overwrite forerunner data?  Since the change I can only see it on the graph tab.  The space for elevation is blank on all my runs when I look. 

What browser are you using?

Those were the ones I meant. When I access them at work they are fine the profile is there and a nice little touch with being able to scroll over the profile as well. Browser? Would that me Firefox or am I way of with that?

I'm confused.  Is it working or not?

A Saucy Wench

What browser are you using?

Firefox 3.5.13

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

calderlad

I'm confused.  Is it working or not?

Not from my home PC where I use Firefox - latest version. I can access it at work and its fine but i am not really meant too so other than just checking it the other day thats pretty much a no no, so I'm really using it from home> Hope that sorts out any confusion.

Cheers

sunki2000

I am having the same problem: a blank elevation profile under the map tab for my Garmin 405 runs.

I get the elevation readouts but not the visual profile.  Not a huge deal, but I would like to get it sorted out.

I am using Firefox 3.5.16 on windows XP.

Thanks for any help.

update: updated firefox and all is well.

FWIW, I noticed my elevation data window has lately taken much longer than usual to load.  It does load, though, if I either wait long enough or deselect-select the elevation button.  (WinXP/FF3.6.13)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

FWIW, I noticed my elevation data window has lately taken much longer than usual to load.  It does load, though, if I either wait long enough or deselect-select the elevation button.  (WinXP/FF3.6.13)

Can you provide some comparison?  How long did it take before and how long is it taking now?

Have you tried shutting down all instances of FF and see if that helps?  Sometimes the observed slowness is caused by FF using up too much memory due to memory leaks from websites.  This is predominantly an IE problem, but FF can still be affected.

I'll check it when I get home.  My work machine (Win7 and FF3.6.9) is loading it lightning-fast.

But I seem to recall it being an issue -- a really minor one -- when I was mapping routes anew, not when I was looking at my already-run courses.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Viewing a map doesn't require much memory while editing is much more memory intensive because in edit mode, the editor has to hold on to all the data so that it can be modified.  In viewing mode, the data is discarded after the route and elevation profile are created.

The memory usage difference was very noticeable when RA used Google Maps v2.  Editing a marathon route can be painfully slow.  The problem is not as evident in v3 but it is still there if your computer doesn't have enough memory.  The problem is compounded by other websites.  Even if I follow all javascript coding standards and RA's map editor doesn't leak a single byte of memory, it is still affected by all previous sites you visited before browsing over to RA.  But, that's the nature of the current technology.