Triathletes, here's your next bike (Read 1208 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh, I am not looking forward to that 6 mile climb up Jubilee Pass in Oct...though the coast back down will be a blast!  No way would I do that on a fixie, much less a penny farthing, though.  Insane!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Racking that thing could be a challenge.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

for a short pig like me....they don't allow elevatahs and/or truck laddahs in the transition area...i checked.

In order to see the truth, sometimes you have to loose an eye.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Utri/

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I couldn't tell - was he using clip ins, or toe clips, or what?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

protoplasm72

His seat was to high.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

No way in hell he could stop that thing if he had to.  Brave soul.

E.J.
                Greater Lowell Road Runners
                Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

MrH

No way in hell he could stop that thing if he had to.  Brave soul.

Passepartout would rescue him in a hot air balloon if needed.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I couldn't tell - was he using clip ins, or toe clips, or what?

i cant see any hardware on the pedals or on his soles, they look like steel platform pedals.

xhristopher

He needs to do that on a unicycle. That would be rad.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Ugh, I am not looking forward to that 6 mile climb up Jubilee Pass in Oct...though the coast back down will be a blast!  No way would I do that on a fixie, much less a penny farthing, though.  Insane!

This guy rode around the world on that, including up to the base camp of Mt. Everest.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This guy rode around the world on that, including up to the base camp of Mt. Everest.

That's pretty astounding...and very insane.  Wow. Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay