Shoes that drain (Read 1280 times)

. I guess you could try sweatbands around the ankles if it was a run off issue. At least they would be easier to change.

I get made fun of for looking like Salami from the White Shadow already [ wearing headbands all the time] ... throwing on the anklets would be more fodder than I could endure. 

I am sure everything is draining downhill into the shoes -- it not the feet sweating ... it's just the pooling.

How do the Zoots run size wise?  Do you pick up a whole size with no socks?  I am a 15 and it looks like you can only get them in a 14.

Doesn't look like the Kswiss is made in my size either.

Thanks all for the advice

2012= under-goaled

xor

Slimbo, my man, if your hair from your avatar (<===) pic is any indication, I dunno that you can pull off the Salami.

Heh. That's what she said.

Ah, so I went and found a White Shadow pic.  Quick, without doing any research, how many character names do you remember?

I remember them all EXCEPT white dude in the back row.  Those who remember the show well may remember the episode where the first dude on the left in the back row gets shot and killed.  I remember it bumming me out like a real life thing.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

DryMax socks work great.  Run two 50s this year in them and no blisters.  Dry to the touch.

I like Balega, too, but they hold moisture.

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)

I made a pair of these, they drain really well:

If I'm not wearing the huaraches, I usually wear Inov-8s on runs where I know I'll need drainage due to running through mud or wading through a river.  Never had much trouble with needing drainage from sweat, though.

Run to Win
          25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Never had much trouble with needing drainage from sweat, though.

After my run Wednesday morning, I could tell my feet were really wet. When I took off my shoes, and removed the insoles so they could dry, I noticed small sweat puddles forming.  That's what 85% humidity will do..

I like the picture of the "Air Jesus" you got going on ... for now, I think I am going to try to swap out a second pair of shoes mid-way tommorow AM and see how that works.  I haven't checked the weather yet -- today was actually really low humidity -- so maybe I will get lucky.

BTW -- Stevie Ray -- I still look in the mirror and see the HS kid with a ton of hair [aka Salami] ... not Kojack ... but you are right -- we would not be mistaken.  I could name maybe 3 actors max.

2012= under-goaled