Treadmill belt replacement (Read 420 times)

Anyone ever have to do this? Mine just folded over on itself and developed a rip. AngrySad

It's a Horizon.

Feeling the growl again

Yes, but mine's a Sole.  

Basically, there are probably two rollers and you will need to figure out how to get to them.  You will probably need to figure out how to take the back one off and at least one end of the front one to swap belts then reverse the process.  Then re-tighten the drive unit and the belt (likley via the rear roller).  You will likely need lube.

Now quit giggling like a schoolgirl.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Jill_B

I fly.

Yes, but I had sears do it for me.

Bring it on.

Well, at least I shouldn't have to buy a belt -- provided I can find the receipt. Horizon has a four year warranty on the belt. My machine is about 22 months old.

Well, at least I shouldn't have to buy a belt -- provided I can find the receipt. Horizon has a four year warranty on the belt. My machine is about 22 months old.

That's certainly not a good sign. My wife keeps insisting I run on my TM too much and I'm going to wear it out..  Silly me...

It must have loosened and I didn't catch it in time. I tried to tighten when it flipped on itself yesterday, after unfolding, but the fold was, apparently, in and set. But this 'mil has seen a fair amount of miles (don't make me calculate them) so, if they replace, I will be happy. I lube it regularly and clean it.