Ice baths in March...yoweee!!! (Read 820 times)

I can't imagine filling the tub, then trying to get in. It would never happen.
    I do this sometimes with ice and water. It sucks for the first second, but you get used to it quick.

~Sara
    It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Meh, $5 is $5...

I usually fill it first and dive in. It's more fun. Just read a book and listen to some relaxing music, and you're done before you know it. Following it up with a warm shower feels awesome.

Bugs

Oh, no! Do you have a sump pump?
        I have two, niether were working today. It is a holy molly mess. I would have ran on TM tonight but it was surrounded by water.

Bugs

I had an ice bath yesterday after my 18 miler. My running partners talked me into it and I am not sure I can ever do it again. YOWEEEE is right!!! I had a sweatshirt on and had my post run extra hot latte in hand. Still didn't make that water feel any better.

...---...

Gene Simsons has the copyrights on upper case J in family jewels so I couldn't use it.

San Francisco - 7/29/12

Warrior Dash Ohio II - 8/26/12

Chicago - 10/7/12

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, but you did not refer to "jewels" or to "Jewels". The word you chose is typically capitalized since it is a proper noun.
              americanelite

I hear ya Smile brrrrr

Giant Flaming Dork

http://xkcd.com/621/

This is why I run

I'm looking forward to my "ice bath" in Lake Superior after finishing the Grand Island Trail Marathon in July. From what I remember as a kids, superior was pretty damn cold even in the summer.
                    Clydesdales shouldn't run in Five Fingers!

My prewash:)

I tried one of these crazy things last week and couldn't stop screaming. I could barely catch my breath. Couldn't hang with it. Going back to warm baths!!

"Carpe Diem"

uncontrollable

I hear ya - I literally yell out when I get in/ scream even, but within 1 minute it's totally bearable & within 10 min I'm out. It really helps get a lot of inflammation down.

peace