DROID ERIS weird issue (Read 355 times)

When I try to post on my droid eris, I click the html button and the html editor comes up but it only allows me to type one letter and then the on-screen keyboard closes. I click on the editor to begin typing again and that brings the keyboard back but the cursor starts at the beginning again. It's basically only allowing me to type one letter at a time, and I have to tap the screen to move the cursor to the right spot. So, it's not real functional. I can trace the start of the problem back to my last OTA update I think. There was a pretty big one from Verizon late August/early September.

Thanks!

Outside Lane

You might want to download the Handy Runner app from the Android Market...give it a try...

See how they run...

mikeymike

I'm replying from my Droid Eris running android 2.1, updated around August. I've noticed that issue if I don't let the page fully load before tapping on the text box. If I let it load all the way, no issues. Handy Runner is a cool app for entering workouts but as far as I know doesn't have access to the forums.(Then there's the notion that if I have issues replying to the forums at runningahead from my phone, perhaps the universe is trying to tell me something.)

Runners run

Hmm. wasn't aware that the page wasn't fully loaded. I'm not generally that anxious to post something where I can't wait for the page to load. I'll test it later. It happens when replying to personal messages too.