Are Gadget Freaks Jerks? (Read 768 times)

Dave

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...what if one is a gadget freak, but not an early adopter? I loves me my clunky, "old school" Forerunner 305 and "obsolete" 2 year old Mac.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Dave

Too funny, Zoomie. I'm typing this on a 2 year old Mac and charging my 305 Big grin

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Too funny, Zoomie. I'm typing this on a 2 year old Mac and charging my 305 Big grin
          Did I mention my monitor is a CRT? Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Did I mention my monitor is a CRT? Big grin
            I have a 9" green screen CRT on my desk at work. I don't actually use it - but it is good for when new people start. After IT drops off the computer stuff in their cube, we hide the flat screen and put the "new guy" monitor in it's place. It's funny to see how long it takes some of them to say something.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have a 9" green screen CRT on my desk at work. I don't actually use it - but it is good for when new people start. After IT drops off the computer stuff in their cube, we hide the flat screen and put the "new guy" monitor in it's place. It's funny to see how long it takes some of them to say something.
              Ha!

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hmmm...what if one is a gadget freak, but not an early adopter? I loves me my clunky, "old school" Forerunner 305 and "obsolete" 2 year old Mac.
                I can't believe anyone could use clunky old crap like that. You might as well use a sundial and an abacus. Hey, the article's right! Gadget freaks are jerks!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can't believe anyone could use clunky old crap like that. You might as well use a sundial and an abacus. Hey, the article's right! Gadget freaks are jerks!
                  Shut up or I'll sick grandpa on ya'! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

C-R

Hey, the article's right! Gadget freaks are jerks!
                    Usually written by someone who 1) can't use/understand the gadgetry and 2) still has all of their digital clocks blinking 12:00 since they can't figure out how set them. Player haters. Personally I think my 305, 3 year old laptop, and regular cell phone (not an iPhone) is a statement of function before form. Big grin

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm not a jerk, but I just learned how to hook up my laptop (2.5 years old. Still running fine.) to my HDTV (1.5 years old, still running [and first TV wife and I ever purchased -- old was was 14+ years old.]) $30 cable - a cinch. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Use it to watch intant Netflix instant view shows when I want, not when The Man tells me I can. We don't have cable or Tivo or dvr or any of that. Fun to see my Garmin graphs, too, and pix from my computer look great.