Connecting with other users via running maps? (Read 649 times)

damalt

I noticed that quite a few people live in my area and have the same running routes as me. It would be interesting to be able to contact other users living in your area to find running partners. You could display the user name, or you could make it completely anonymous for privacy, or even ask users to opt in to have their routes published with their name. The cool thing is that you could show the other person's average pace for the route based on the log information, so that we know which users could be good running mates and only contact those ones (or I could decide to slow down my pace to run with someone slower on a long course rather than doing it on my own...). Keep up the great work, Eric. Looking forward to the new release. David
    Wingz

Professional Noob

You can currently share maps in groups. Do you perhaps already have a local group set up? It should be pretty easy to arrange group runs within those forums. Also, it's possible right now to set your preferences so that members of your groups can see your running log (but not the general world). Or you could simply ask... Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...