Yikes, now I'm really committed (or should be ;) )! (Read 488 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

I just registered for my two big races! The Grand Rapids Marathon/HM (10/29) has a limit of 2k participants, so I figured I'd better get my registration in for that. Also registered for the GR Bridge Run 10mi (9/16). Now I should probably go ahead and do my upcoming 5ks, too (Susan G. Komen and an Autism benefit run at my alma mater). I'm gonna be a busy girl this Fall--I have 4 races in a 6 week period! No slackin' off for this girl! Big grin k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

You'll ruin your knees!

Yep, that's the way to do it...1) send in yer $$ and 2) tell everybody you know! Now you gotta train! 8 Ball Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Princess Cancer Pants

And I am working on my fundraising stuff, too. Got my website up for the Susan G. Komen race, but I still need to work on the "Girls On The Run." stuff. I REALLY wanted to do fundraising for that in connection with the HM, but my local chapter isn't listed among those that participate in the race fundraising, so I e-mailed the person in charge of the nearest chapter--I REALLY don't want my fundraising work to benefit a chapter a few hours away if I can have it help girls locally...especially since I want to volunteer with our local chapter's 5k run next Spring. k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown