increasing running-shoe "grip": Shoe Goo? Other ideas? (Read 51 times)

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

Hi all - I love my Brooks Racer STs but they are not the grippiest shoes ever. (I'm not referring to ice/snow; rather, metro DC's garden-variety hilly, slightly damp asphalt.) Has anybody ever successfully made their shoes more grippy with Shoe Goo or something else? Thanks!

One downside of Brooks, in my opinin, is that they do NOT grip well!   I use Shoe Goo for a particular wear spot, but, in anything, it makes them more slippery.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Half Crazy K 2.0

I have no clue if this would work on running shoes, but they make no slip pads for dressy shoes (usually women's heels that make walking on tile similar to ice skating).

ch17

It's Tuesday every day

HStreet and HCK2.0: thanks for the input. Guess I will just live with it. (I *have*, for perhaps six years, but recently ran in a pair of adidas adizero adios which made me wonder what I could do to make the Brooks' better.) --Christine

Cyberic

One downside of Brooks, in my opinin, is that they do NOT grip well!   I use Shoe Goo for a particular wear spot, but, in anything, it makes them more slippery.

About Shoe Goo for wear spots, I'll try that. Not the thread's topic, but thanks for the input.