Conversations in Panera Bread... (Read 1552 times)

are oh soooo funny. I'm sitting a few tables away from a self-help class Confused Or maybe it's a marriage counseling class? I am sitting here trying really hard not to keep the table from shaking b/c I'm laughing so hard. I typed this word for word as I heard it (now that's some fast typing skillz!) ----------- Group leader:: "Now, let's talk about orange juice. It's good for you right? It's impossible to overdose on Vitamin C, ok? Ok, lets say this together. Say: I manifested THIS glass of orange juice. Do you see that in your mind? Say, AHHHHH. OK, say it again, AHHHH. I manifested this glass of orange juice. Say it! (class says it). Now say: I'm so proud of myself for making the investment (class repeats). Ok, open your eyes. Ok, some of you will not make the juice. I know that all of you are CAPABLE of making the juice, but I know some of you aren't gonna make the juice. You have to know that you have to take this commitment SERIOUSLY. You can make the commitment. What you have to ask yourself is: does my word mean something TODAY?" ------------ this just turned into a really good day. Big grin
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

"Manifesting orange juice." How weird!
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What the?! Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Top 'O the World!

you sure you're not in a bar!? Big grin
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
            you sure you're not in a bar!? Big grin
            if I were the people in the class, I'd feel a bit more than a little uncomfortable at being asked to say, "AHHHHH" in a public place. hahaha, the stuff they are saying is KILLING me!! Big grin
            Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

They pay money for this class? Does that include the food from Panera?
              MrH

hahaha, the stuff they are saying is KILLING me!! Big grin
                Be careful lest they burn you for being a witch.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

OMG - he just said, "Now, let's envision us setting a goal of running 5 miles a day. Ok, if we can do that, we know we can do ANYTHING, right?" this just gets better and better.
                  xor

I manifest your milk shake. (pre-emptive Brat explainer: that's a movie reference)

ohh, that sounds vaguely familiar. Which one? (I think it's a health and wellness class - which I find rather amusing since they are having it at Panera Bread, which is pretty much the furthest thing from "healthy")
                      xor

There Will Be Blood. I watched it once, and didn't really "get" if there was something I was supposed to "get", so I watched it twice. I still don't know if I liked it. I know I don't want to watch it again. Ever. Beautifully filmed, though.

Jazz hands!

There Will Be Blood. I watched it once, and didn't really "get" if there was something I was supposed to "get", so I watched it twice. I still don't know if I liked it. I know I don't want to watch it again. Ever. Beautifully filmed, though.
                          I didn't really get it either, but I blame that on watching No Country for Old Men first and kind of expecting TWBB to be that good. Also, "manifest" is not a transitive verb that I know of. I don't think you CAN manifest orange juice.
                          run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                            yeah, i don't think i saw that. I did see No Country for Old Men and I didn't like it. I don't want to have to think that much when I watch movies. Tongue
                            AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

"He surprised her into manifesting fear." I think that is a valid transitive use? Since after all, you were begging for a grammatical debate with this thread, I just know it. MTA: some page on the Internet agrees with me so Q.E.D., as we know everything on the Internet is true by definition.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

xor

–verb (used with object) 3. to make clear or evident to the eye or the understanding; show plainly: He manifested his approval with a hearty laugh. 4. to prove; put beyond doubt or question: The evidence manifests the guilt of the defendant. 5. to record in a ship's manifest.
                                I manifested the orange juice with a hearty burp. The orange juice manifests the existence of orange colored drinks, Julius. I manifested the orange juice for Princess Cruise lines. Then Julie and I got jiggy with it.