Ennay's now very LONG Race Report (Read 986 times)

A Saucy Wench

congratulations!!
    MANDY!!!!!! We've missed you! Thanks everyone. I thought a 20 minute gentle stationary bike ride would help with the stairs, but not so much.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Wow!! Congratulations on such a great race! New PR and a BQ, what a day!!! Smile

Michelle

Lazy idiot

Congrats, Ennay!

Tick tock

Wow Ennay!! Congratulations!! Amazing race report!! BOSTON!!!

Another Passion

MANDY!!!!!! We've missed you! Thanks everyone. I thought a 20 minute gentle stationary bike ride rough session with DH would help with the stairs, but not so much.
            Fixed.

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I shouted out loud “HARDEN THE FUCK UP YOU DID NOT COME HERE TO QUIT”
              Ha, I think I might have yelled that myself yesterday! Oh, girl...I heard last night through the grapevine that you had BQd and it really made my day! I know you have worked SO hard for this and really had some doubts in recent weeks. But you did it! I am proud...you did good! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

After I finished the race, I walked back out onto the course to cheer and then run a friend in. Sure enough, right about M25 where the course crosses the tracks (the 10k mark in the opposite direction), a train passed through, stopping a bunch of folks who were headed for a 5:15ish finish. Yes, the trains are short... these tracks are mostly switching tracks for Amtrak and Union Station, which is right next to the course. Amtrak trains are thankfully small. You did great. It was nice to see you before the race and briefly at the finish. I hope you got your Mexican food!

A Saucy Wench

It was great seeing you too, a friendly face at the beginning and end. dh even knew who you were when I said guy with a hot pink singlet - he remembered seeing you run by. Someday maybe I'll be able to run a friend in, it was all I could do to walk back to the bag drop. I did get my mexican food, although my friends were confused and I ended up freaking out some poor guy asking to borrow his phone to call them. He clearly had no idea a marathon was even going on and I was sweaty and soaked, in my torn goodwill sweatshirt and wrapped in tin foil. He clearly thought I was a deranged (quite possibly I was) "housing challenged" person and was loathe to lend me his iphone.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

Way to run like a girl! Great work on the BQ. Love that you said, HTFU out loud...very funny. Enjoy Boston, well deserved.

Bugs

Top 'O the World!

Trains!?!? WTF?! ........OOHH Goosebumps!! Big grin Friggin Awesome girl!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
                      Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

De-slacking in progress

CONGRATS on the BOSTON BQ - HOLY COW- YOU'RE GOING TO BOSTON Big grin Big grin Big grin HAS THAT SUNK IN YET? Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Dog-Love

Great report Ennay...don't know how I missed it. You are one fast chick.
                          Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                          sfarrant

OMG I have tears streaming down my face. STREAMING. Can I please please please have your EXACT race when I try on November 9th? Big grin
                            2008 Harrisburg Half Marathon 1:44:39 2008 Harrisburg Marathon 3:44:00
                            TJoseph

I'll add my congratulations to the list also. Great job!