Boston Marathon Medal -- size (Read 689 times)

joescott

Not sure what category this really goes under, but it doesn't feel like it should be under "Racing."

I was over at a buddy's house last night and noticed on one of his glory walls his 2009 Boston finisher's medal (as part of a collage with his bib, picture, and what not).  It is considerably bigger than mine.  Did they increase the size of the medals since 2007 (the last one I have)?  Or was this a special "extra" medal provided only if you order the special-memory-shadow-box thingy?  [I couldn't ask him myself because he wasn't actually there -- long story].  Anyway, sorry if this is common knowledge and I'm asking an old, long-settled question.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

bhearn

Yep, they got bigger recently. Don't remember whether it was 2008 or 2009.

L Train

one of his glory walls

I know I can't fit all my glory on just one wall. 

#artbydmcbride

My 2008 medal is pretty small.

Runners run

joescott

I know I can't fit all my glory on just one wall. 

Lol.  Me, I just have a glory nightstand drawer, and when the two year old gets into it my glory diminishes.

Bhearn, thanks for the confirmation.  I figured, but knew someone on here could confirm.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

"run" "2" "eat"

my glory wall contains four woodies*. they are sort of smallish woodies, but size doesn't matter, right?

*what's a woody? ask trent.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Right on Hereford...

my glory hole contains four woodies*. they are sort of smallish woodies, but size doesn't matter, right?

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, now. gross. that's not what i said.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams