photos no longer shown? (Read 74 times)

Altair5

Runs in the rain

I posted several photos in the forum "General Running" under the topic "Historic running photos from early 1900s" and now they seem to have changed to just icons or blank rectangles. The same thing happened to some other photos I had posted. I have often noticed this as well when looking for other posters pictures as well. Is this a glitch? Do large photo files get deleted to save room? Should I just modify my post to redo the pictures? Would I do better just providing links to my photos?

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
    Get up, get out, get out of the door!

an amazing likeness

Photos aren't uploaded or stored on RunningAhead -- what you post are links to the photo on the site where they reside.

Something about the link you've used has 'expired', and the link is no longer valid.

Another reason for previously good photo links no longer loading the photos is if your browser is blocking the link to the photo -- for example, some companies block certain photo hosting sites -- so the photo link will work from home, but not from a work computer.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Altair5

Runs in the rain

Thanks for the info! I have my photos stored on "Photobucket" where you can store a certain amount for free. After reading what you wrote I went back there and my pictures were still there. Then when I checked my posts again the photos were back! I'm still not sure what the problem was, perhaps I should search for a better place to store my photos online. .

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I like this image hosting site:  https://postimages.org/