Dumb headphone question (Read 1012 times)

Unfortunately all of the good headphones have this design which I have never gotten used to. I guess the assumption is that everyone wears the ipod on an arm strap. I clip mine on my waist and run the cord under my shirt. What I hate most about this cord design is it’s difficult to wrap up when you’re not using it.

Res firma mitescere nescit
    Running in Tampa

xor

Having now worn these headphones for almost a week, I'll say 1) the weird cord length hasn't bugged me so much BUT 2) when I sweat, this cord sticks to me waaaay worse than other headphones have ever done and once it happens, it starts tugging on my ear and... 3) the overdesigned earpieces are bugging the hell out of me. I'm going to have to figure out how to swap out the pieces for the other sized pieces and see if I can stumble across the happy medium that makes them stay in place without stretching out my ear lobes like those women in Africa.

an amazing likeness

Having now worn these headphones for almost a week, I'll say 1) the weird cord length hasn't bugged me so much BUT 2) when I sweat, this cord sticks to me waaaay worse than other headphones have ever done and once it happens, it starts tugging on my ear and... 3) the overdesigned earpieces are bugging the hell out of me. I'm going to have to figure out how to swap out the pieces for the other sized pieces and see if I can stumble across the happy medium that makes them stay in place without stretching out my ear lobes like those women in Africa.
        Get the right size of the upper part wheel-thingie that wedgies in above your ear and the earbud and you will love them. They are comfortable and only come out when you twist-lock them out. (Like a tick on your dog, grab and twist.) The key to the wrap-around cord not sticking to the back-of-the-neck-sweat is the collar clip. Clip that on at the ridge of your shoulder and the back cord will drap clear and loose, it is a thing of miracle and wonder and worth the effort. I've been using these Sennheiser ear buds for a couple years now and live in fear of them halting production for some reason, so I stock up and have extras on the shelf at all times. I do manage to break the cord right at the stress point of the collar clip's pivot every 18 months or so, but that just means I have an awesome collection of the ear-twist-lock thingies.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

Thanks for the tips. I basically shrugged off the clippy thing when I saw it. I'll have to fish it out of the Drawer of Doom and give it a try. I need to go fishing anyway because that's where I put all the orange ear donuts. Also, while these headphones aren't really louder than my last pair, they do seem to have way better bass. I think I'm 25% further along in the process of becoming deaf (ehhhh?) than I was a week ago. And that's saying something since I played drums for years.

an amazing likeness

Thanks for the tips. I basically shrugged off the clippy thing when I saw it. I'll have to fish it out of the Drawer of Doom and give it a try. I need to go fishing anyway because that's where I put all the orange ear donuts.
            Hey man, these are German engineered -- if they wanted you to chuck the collar clip in the drawer, they would have included the drawer! Wink The collar clip is a critical component of Dieter's overall system engineering and industrial design...embrace it, use it and become one with it. Now...we dance!

xor

I do not want to touch your monkey, though.

Unfortunately the old ones actually worked like this. I'm not sure if encoding limits the amount of bandwidth or something, but I had an old pair when I used to live in the dorms that operated on the same frequency as cordless non-cell phones, and every once in a while I would end up accidently snooping on peoples phone conversations.
                This is where I could insert stories about the baby monitor.

On these Sennheisers, one of the lines to an ear is far longer than the other one. What's up with that? I'm sure there's a reason. But it escapes me.
                  Last week, I got some earbuds from Sony 2 weeks and ask myself the similar question. Finally came to the conclusion that someone used Google to search for the answer they need to program the automated manufacturing line. Cool You sure you didn't get one designed for this dude. .

Vim

Is there a diagram showing how you're supposed to wear them?

Vim

an amazing likeness

Is there a diagram showing how you're supposed to wear them?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Because I have really small ears that top stalk thingie doesn't fit in my ear correctly, BUT I use the largest sort of wavy ring on the speaker portion and they really sit snugly in my ear. I've considered buying the version that doesn't have the extra piece, but I haven't read positive reviews on that version.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Sennheisers are good stuff (I have a home pair of headphones) but I find it funny that the headphones are so complicated that they must provide written and illustrated instructions. Our world has gotten WAY too complicated.

TRUST THE PROCESS

ymmv

I bought those green sennheisers. There is one thing I would love some advice on: How do you untangle them!? I've never seen anything like them for that feature. Must be a combination of the funny shaped earbuds with lots of places to catch the cord and the cords themselves which are soft enough for great traction against themselves.