Baystate Marathon Race Report (Read 743 times)

Nice job Jeff. Out of curiousity, are you the Jeff Donohue I saw in the Globe today? Wingsuiting? It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Jeff Donahue! http://www.boston.com/lifestyle/articles/2008/10/21/float_on/?page=2
      Nice race Jeff, and way to hang in there during a tough final 4. I know that feeling all too well Congrulations on a huge PR!
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
      jeffdonahue

Nope, wasn't me - the closest I get to wingsuiting would be running fast down a really steep hill Big grin
          When I saw this thread today, I wondered how it had snuck by me. Then I saw that it hadn't, I had actually posted one of my all-time crappy responses. I was sorely tempted to modify my original post, but I've decided to leave it untouched to serve as a reminder not to post under the influence of a marathon. A 48 minute PR deserves a helluva lot more than "nice job Jeff". It's beyond nice, it's fantastic. And whether they were announcing your entry to the stadium or crossing the line, I'm kicking myself because I should have hobbled back down the stairs to congratulate you. Erica managed to, and I should have as well. I'm thinking about the Larry Robinson 10 miler (I think it's 11/9) and the Andover Country Club Cross Country 6K on 11/30. If I don't get to say hello before next Spring, I'll make a point to hit one of the Lake Q 5K races. Congrats on your outstanding effort and result Jeff, hope you took that well-earned day off.

E.J.
          Greater Lowell Road Runners
          Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

jeffdonahue

When I saw this thread today, I wondered how it had snuck by me. Then I saw that it hadn't, I had actually posted one of my all-time crappy responses. I was sorely tempted to modify my original post, but I've decided to leave it untouched to serve as a reminder not to post under the influence of a marathon. A 48 minute PR deserves a helluva lot more than "nice job Jeff". It's beyond nice, it's fantastic. And whether they were announcing your entry to the stadium or crossing the line, I'm kicking myself because I should have hobbled back down the stairs to congratulate you. Erica managed to, and I should have as well. I'm thinking about the Larry Robinson 10 miler (I think it's 11/9) and the Andover Country Club Cross Country 6K on 11/30. If I don't get to say hello before next Spring, I'll make a point to hit one of the Lake Q 5K races. Congrats on your outstanding effort and result Jeff, hope you took that well-earned day off.
            Thanks BadDawg, I am pretty happy with it now. After I saw Erica I looked for you, she had said she just saw you a few minutes before. I walked around where she said you were but it sounds like you were already on your way up the stairs. I didnt get my day off and my left leg is really stiff, and I think I'm still dehydrated because I was kind of nauseous this morning when I woke up. right now I dont have any races planned other than a 2 mile track run at my old High School (Malden Catholic) on Thanksgiving weekend. Also, wife made me promise to tone back my goals for next year. Doing the whole Grand Prix series ended up being more of a hassle than it was worth I think, adn I can usually only talk her into a marathon every couple of years (our weekends are just too swamped with kid stuff lately). Thanks again and we will meet up some day - if not this year then I will make a point to head up to Lowell for one of your 5Ks next year. Jeff
              What a tremendous PR....you could have added another 10k (okay, maybe not after 26.2). Congratulations and savor the accomplishment now! CNYrunner