Gah, does my Garmin have an issue? (Read 1020 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gah...Garmin's muzak during hold stinks. And they can't figure out why I can't update my firmware. did's gonna have to try taking it to work to update it on his work PC. Der.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Garmin seriously needs to hire me for tech support... Looky what I just found: Update hangs during 'Erasing' phase This issue may be solved by directly plugging your device into your Mac instead of a USB Hub. You know...I found this only when I decided as a last-ditch effort to try re-installing the Web Updater. This was on the download page, but NOWHERE in the actual troubleshooting documents. And the support guy I talked to never suggested this solution, either. I only stumbled-upon it completely by accident. Gah. For this they should replace my $50 rebate check that I lost (actually, I think someone swiped the envelope that was sticking out of the top of my purse while I was running errands Black eye). Now my "Big Red" is fully updated. Sheesh. k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, sorry to here you had such a sucktastic time with the Web Updater. Sad Did you ever got v2.80 loaded? I seem to remember it taking a few tries when I did it. I did do the update to v3.00 of the GPS firmware -- apparently updating that isn't nearly the headache that updating the actual device firmware is.
        Bumping so you can see that I did, indeed, get it to finally update...no thanks to Garmin support. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Bumping so you can see that I did, indeed, get it to finally update...no thanks to Garmin support. Roll eyes
          Damn, sorry to hear that took so long. Now, you finally get to experience the tyranny joy that is the Virtual Trainer.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm scared... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Aww damnit, I just realized that this would have been a perfect time to give this simple response: DILLIGAF? Don'tcha just hate when you think of an awesome comeback after the fact? (Yeah, I know -- GETM).

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Aww damnit, I just realized that this would have been a perfect time to give this simple response: DILLIGAF? Don'tcha just hate when you think of an awesome comeback after the fact? (Yeah, I know -- GETM).
                *kick*

~ Sarah Kay