Do I race so soon after Marathon, or do I incorporate a race into my LR as a tempo?? (Read 634 times)

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Hey we should all wear bright orange. Cept I don't have any. And I don't even have orange spray paint to custom make some bright orange shirt...
    Then we'd look like a bunch of dorky construction workers, rather than one idiot (me) and a bunch of runners.

Chris
    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Hey we should all wear bright orange. Cept I don't have any. And I don't even have orange spray paint to custom make some bright orange shirt...
      I think my son has some orange crayons or watercolors or something like that. He might let you borrow them if I ask him. Wink

Current Goals: Run and stuff

I have a bright yellow/orange shirt that I might wear.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I got nothing orange, but I did laugh out loud at the possibility of crayons....

I could wear my nifty Rehoboth Marathon (relay) shirt, but that would probably make me blend in more than anything else, at this location.

I'll be looking silly wearing my running belt with at least one water bottle, and a white baseball cap -- cause I plan to run over to this thing and back, and I'm gonna likely be wanting me some water.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Lets see, black shorts, white tank/running singlet, black and blue nike flats for the race, white and blue adidas shoes for warmup cooldown stuff, and look like a doofus. Oh yeah, sunglasses if sunny . So, if you see me and I don't see you, say hi.

bap

Looking back at my 2005 logs, I didn't have a clue what I was doing when I ran my first 2 marathons.

Week 1 - debut marathon, 3:56

2 weeks later, 15 mile long run

1 week after that, current 10K PR & 8 extra miles thrown in

6 days later, 15K, my most enjoyable, and best, race ever

The following day, 15 miles

3 weeks later - 2nd marathon, 3:48

Certified Running Coach
              Crocked since 2013

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Met Chris just before the race -- Chris, good to meet you and hope it went well for you.

Met Quint afterward, and we went for a run that went fairly long (11mi) -- til I was getting danger of passing out almost Smile

So I counted the day as long run, as my total for the day was quite high for me.

Chris, hope you had a good race. It was nice to meet you before the race.   AmoresPerros did well. He was way up in the front with the fast people and he won an age group award.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Chris, hope you had a good race. It was nice to meet you before the race.   AmoresPerros did well. He was way up in the front with the fast people and he won an age group award.

It was great to meet both of you--thanks for spotting me. Congrats on the AG win AmoresPerros!! Thank you both for the advice coming into this to, I'm glad I decided to race the event. Sorry to miss you at the end, although I probably couldn't have kept up with you for 11 miles. It sounds like a great run for both of you.

I came in towards the end of the pack at 49:52. Not a bad race, not a great race. I knew from my "easy" run to the race that I was going to be slow (I was averaging 12:30's at a comfort I normally do 11:30's). I decided to just settle into whatever pace felt comfortable, so I ended up in the 9:50s, but held a steady pace the whole race. I'm disappointed with the pace, but felt very comfortable and overall had fun, and that's what's important.

Chris
                    PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Well, look at this way Chris -- you passed an intelligence test that a lot of us fail some of the time, when you decided to settle for not PR'ing and settling for a comfortable pace, instead of running yourself into injury Smile