Logging for Multisport workouts (Read 448 times)

protoplasm72

Since triathlon season is starting up I'm going to be doing more brick workouts. Currently I have to just log them as separate run and bike workouts but really they are part of the same workout. If you look at my activity graph a brick will look the same as a morning bike ride and evening run but they are different workouts. I'd like to have the ability to link two or more workout entries so that it would appear on my graph as different from just swim/bike/run workouts. So the key would be something like: swim bike run strength swim-bike bike-run swim-strength Or whatever combination of workouts i link, possibly more then 2. The totals from each segment of the workout would still count towards the weekly/monthly totals for each activity. I imagine this being implemented as another field in the current log with a drop down of the other workouts recorded that day so I can select which one to link to. Also it'd be nice if there was a 'race' type entry for swimming and if you linked race entries in all 3 sports that it would record a PR for the triathlon.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

DamonSteele

Or you could record the whole workout as a total time and then in the "intervals" section at the bottom, add a column with a drop down with swim, bike, or run. Or include in the first column, where it lets you select Interval, Rest, or Recovery, add Swim, Bike, or Run. Oh, and T1 or T2. That would be AWESOME!
      eric :)

protoplasm72, The log was first designed as a running log. After some retrofitting, and then a lot more retrofitting, I converted it to a multisport log. It still doesn't support triathlons properly because it consists of 3 events. It will require very drastic overhaul to handle it properly. I could do what DamonSteele suggested, but then it will require a lot of hacking to represent each even in the graph. There really isn't a good solution to this request with the resources (time and effort) that I have. I may tackle this problem once I get the major features I like to put into the log.
        protoplasm72

No worries. The logging is still better then the triathlon specific logs I've seen Big grin This would just be a cool thing to have. Interesting that having a multisport workout with intervals for each sport would be easier. That is actually a better way to track it but I assumed it would be more difficult to include those in the totals with your other swim/bike/run workouts. I suggested linking existing workouts so that you could leave everything the same and only have to hack a query together for the people that want to display total time/distance from multiple workouts on the graph. Otherwise you might have to run queries for everyone to see if they have run intervals in a separate type of workout. But that is based on my guess of how the data is stored so what do I know Confused

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson