Shoes for not running in (Read 1104 times)

Does anyone have a type of business casual shoe (think khaki pants and a tie) that they love?  I'm a pharmacist so I pretty much stand in the same spot for 10 hours straight with the exception of every 10 minutes or so I get to walk 15 feet to the right.  The only thing I am looking for in a shoe is: not too horrible looking (I hate the black sneakers things), comfortable, and "good" (what ever that means) for my feet.

Right now I wear a pair of Lands end all weather mocs most days. 

Lands end all weather moc

They are acceptable with a pair of cushioned inserts, but if there are great alternatives out there I would be happy to buy them.

Thanks in advance to any recommendations.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am a HUGE fan of Keens or Dansko clogs.  Dansko used to make a pretty nice sporty clog for men, but I don't think they do, anymore.  My hubby is also sold on Keens.  I bought a pair of Keen casual shoes for walking all over Vegas in Dec., since I love their sandals, but knew it wouldn't be warm enough for those.

Maybe look at something like these...?  The ones my DH has are similar, but in brown.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I'm Betty if you're Al

Merrill's are my business casual shoe of choice. 

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

If you want to go to the dressier end of the spectrum, I have a pair of Bostonians that are by far the most comfortable dress shoes I've ever worn. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

I'll second the recommendation for Bostonians.

Now, If I could find a pair of work boots that fit me. They discontinued the model of Hermans I've been wearing for the past 5 years.

Well, I can't say I exactly "work", but not owning a car, I do the vast majority of my traveling by foot; most of the time I walk around in Blundstones.  They're just awesome.  And depending on the type of work you do, they come in a steel-toe variety. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

i can vouche for dansko as well. as a chef i also spend all day standing, i get to move a little more but i still think these are exceptionally comfy. many of my colleagues wear them as well.

I love my dr. martens. I've had them for years and years; but most people don't get the same response, I don't think. My dad loves his timberlands, and I'll agree with the person above who said merrils. 

I'll second the Dr. Martens.  They last forever and are super comfy.  Great business/casual shoe.