Some general RA log questions (Read 590 times)

an amazing likeness

Today, I started logging with RA as my primary log, moved from my beloved-but-now-useless site which I shall not name directly, other than to say it rhymes with Motionbased.  Some questions for experienced RA loggers, would appreciate pointers...

1) How do I create "Activities" other than the default list in the "Workout Type" field?  Some folks have cool ones that are not in default list.

2) Any way to have activities in addition to those logged as "Run" to be included in the graphs, summaries, monthly distance totals, etc? 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

1) How do I create "Activities" other than the default list in the "Workout Type" field?  Some folks have cool ones that are not in default list.

From your training log summary page, click on "Settings" on the left hand side.  Then "Manage My Activities".  You can create new activities there.  If you want new workout types of "Runs", then it is one more step just click on the "Run" and you will see "New Workout Type"

MTA- Haven't messed around much with 2).

an amazing likeness

Got it. Thanks Egg!

One other quick question for anyone...when you log a race and you are importing from your GPS, do you let the GPS recorded distance and time be used, or do you edit the fields to reflect the official race distance and scoring time?

kcam

Got it. Thanks Egg!

One other quick question for anyone...when you log a race and you are importing from your GPS, do you let the GPS recorded distance and time be used, or do you edit the fields to reflect the official race distance and scoring time?

I always go back and override the GPS distance and time with official distance and official scoring time.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I always go back and override the GPS distance and time with official distance and official scoring time.

That's what I did today.  The Garmin read 6.24, and I reluctantly changed it to 6.2 in my log.  Sigh.  Hey, what did yours read, since we ran the same race?  I figured mine was long in part due to running to the side of the road whenever I saw water being sprayed on runners!

A Saucy Wench

+1

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

That's what I did today.  The Garmin read 6.24, and I reluctantly changed it to 6.2 in my log.  Sigh.  Hey, what did yours read, since we ran the same race?  I figured mine was long in part due to running to the side of the road whenever I saw water being sprayed on runners!

Teresa -- My gps data for the B2B course on Saturday was 6.25 miles.  I ran the yellow line, center of the road, most of the course.  Only worked the tangents on the Old Ocean House Rd section by Alewive Brook Farm, and a bit on Shore Rd.  My last year's data (2008) was 6.23.  Pretty consistent.