Why? (Read 492 times)

My Judge, (who I'm clerking for, not one that I was in front of Surprised ), after hearing me and one of the secretaries talk about our weekend long runs, asked me WHY I RUN. It was kind of hard to answer, surprisingly, because it's just part of who I am now. The answers I came up with were, in no particular order: - the sense of accomplishment - post race cookies - medals - runner comradery Why do YOU run?
    2009: BQ?
      Now that I've started, I can't stop. It's amazing....back in 6th/7th grade, I had no idea what I was doing. Now I plan on running the rest of my life. Mainly, the experiences with my teammates/friends that I never would have gotten without XC/running. I also made a TON of friends through running. I was also somewhat of a loner, and running helped me out of that. I looked at my lifetime mileage, and thought that it was pretty decent. I asked one of the girls on my team what she was up to..6000 miles!
        A guy from my running club got onto me telling me he did not know many "muddy runs" as he knew I liked cross country running. We went for a 6 mile run on Sunday, 1 on road, 5 off road. It went through woodland, fields and country paths in rural Kent, England. As we ran into a beautiful woodland area I went off path to fed us down to a bridal path, rabbits scampering from all sides, a fox screaming from afar, the rustling of squirrels and birds in the trees, not the sound of one car or plane. All I could hear him say ever so often was "This is what I want" or "This is beautiful" and "This is great" I was smiling because I have got my fitness up to feel quite happy running in these woods and pathways and able to enjoy the beauty of the English countryside and keep fit. at the same time Maybe you should take his/her honour for a run and see ifwhat they say after Shocked

Jerry
        A runners blog-updated daily

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I started almost 1.5 years ago to lose weight...and haven't really lost a damned pound (I think I've actually gained--and not just muscle ). Now I like the "runner's high," the accomplishment of training for and running races, PRs, gear whoring.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay