Laptop Backpack (Read 977 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A while back, there was a thread about laptop daypack/backpack recommendations for running to work.  Anybody have recommendations for a laptop pack that is not to be used for running?  What about them do you like?

If ruggedness and durability are considerations, then Brenthaven seems to be a good choice.   Build material is of high quality and extremely well made, partitions are very functional, padding protects the machine well, and it isn't overpriced like Booq. 

I purchased one at a discounted price, and have used it for many years and travelled with it to many places.  Very happy with the product. 

I got me a swiss army one from Costco about a year ago for $25.  Very durable, plenty of different pockets for different things, and very comfortable when wearing.

Imminent Catastrophe

Here's one that's bulletproof. That could come in handy, you never know.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

an amazing likeness

20% off LL Bean packpacks for a while:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/816?qs=3005038_pmd_google

(Not sure why the editor won't let me embed a link...)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mikeymike

Timbuk2

Runners run

Best Present Ever

A while back, there was a thread about laptop daypack/backpack recommendations for running to work.  Anybody have recommendations for a laptop pack that is not to be used for running?  What about them do you like?

I would just get a backpack that you like and use a neoprene sleeve for the laptop. I finally figured out that trying to find a bag that met my needs for both function and asthetics and had a built in sleeve for a laptop was too limiting.  I use a messenger bag for commuting to work on foot/by bike, so I have no specific backpack suggestions for you. 

sluggo

John

Timbuk2

+1

I have been commuting with my MacBook Pro in a Timbuk2 messenger bag for several years with success. It is no good for running but it is great for walking, trains, and subways. Things stay orderly and dry - even in the heaviest of rains. There is even room for my lunch.

I can get you exact model details if you want them.

John
                  www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Rynamite

I really like my Targus backpack. I got it to carry my laptop in college and it held up great. Now I use it when I ride my motorcycle to work and sometimes when I travel. It has a lot of handy compartments, but isn't too bulky. 

Timbuk2

+2.

I've used one of their Laptop Messenger bags as my daily briefcase for about five years now.  It totes a laptop and 1-4 inches of paper almost every day.  Velcro is still flawless, buckles are fine, and it looks about a week old.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

FastTalkingFatty

I used to commute by bike and used a Jandd computer backpack but really like mamaothree says any decent pack and computer sleeve offers the same protection.

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

Timbuk2

Blech. If you're going to go for a messenger bag, get the real thing. Baileyworks, Portsmouth, NH. I'm on year 8 with mine. It is indestructible. And it's cool. I bought a padded laptop sleeve and commute to work and travel considerably with it.

Here's a vote for Swiss Army ... had mine for close to 2 years. In addition to the laptop, there is a huge pack to carry books, notebooks, headphones, etc.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Thanks all!

After much research and a failed trial with an Eddie Bauer bag that fell apart immediately, I just ordered the Osprey Flap Jack Courier Bag.  Nearly nothing but over the top, exuberantly positive reviews from bikers, business folk and laptop computer geeks.  And they are all on the internet, so you know they must be true.

Fingers crossed.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Here's one that's bulletproof. That could come in handy, you never know.

Wow.  Just wow.