Cross training and Google map is finished (Read 1520 times)

eric :)

Hello everyone, After over two months, I am done with the cross training feature. I just uploaded all my changes. For the impatient, the two major changes are cross training, and Google maps. Now go off and play with the new features, while the curious and interested ones can read on. Everyone here probably knows about custom run types, and how you can specify your own colors. For the ones that don't know about it, you can click on "Options" on the upper right hand corner of every page, and then click on "My Log Preferences". I added three more workout types on this page. Just like run types, you can create your own types for cycling and swimming. And if you do other types of cross training, there is also an "Other workouts" page that will allow you to create your own. As I said before, if you want me to move your cross training types from run to one of these workouts, just let me know. I don't know if this will be obvious. I added a drop down button next to the "New Run Entry" button. When you click on it, you'll get a list of cross trainings to choose from. If you created your own cross training, it will also appear on this list. The cross training entry form is very similar to the run entry form. Each form is slightly different, depending on the workout. For example, I took out the weather fields for swimming because I didn't think it matters if it's raining or not. You can enter as much or as little data as you want. Unlike a run, you don't even have to enter a time or distance. I'm not sure how to display the cross training data on the summary page, so it hasn't been updated yet. Right now, all of the values on the summary page are for your runs only. I also haven't updated the search and graph page yet. I'll add that in the following weeks so you can search for any data again. Right now, you can see all of your workouts on the monthly calendar and workout (formerly the Run Entries) page, which should hold you over for now. Speaking about searching, I added the intervals name field to the search page, so now you can search by the interval name. For example, if you have an interval set named "10 x 400 m", you can select just that and you'll get all your "10 x 400 m" workouts. The other addition is Google map. I cannot take much credit for the actual work. My friend did this for me, and he spent countless hours working on it, mostly because I kept changing how I wanted the map to work, and kept giving him new feature requests. You can thank him, but he wanted to remain anonymous. If you find it useful, just post your kudos here and I'll pass them on. There are several pages that have the Google map. They are the Edit/View course pages, as well as a new tab up top called "Tools". I added a Tools page so that anyone can use it without creating an account. All the buttons have tool tips on them, in case they're not obvious. Just hover your mouse over it for a second and they'll appear. The view course page has a simpler tool bar, so that other people can't modify it. If you specify a zip code in Options / My Information, it will bring you to your city automatically when you create a new course. You will need to re-enter your zip code (even if you have one already) so that your location can be saved properly. There are also other minor changes and additions, but I can't remember them. It's been over two months since I uploaded the last batches of changes. Anyway, I think I've wrote enough. For the next week, I'll be importing some of your data that I've been putting off. If you find any bugs, or see anything that you don't think is right, please let me know and I'll fix it. I tried my best to find all the bugs, but I know there are still plenty. Obviously, there are many features that will go along with these new additions, and I'll be adding them in the next few weeks as well. eric Smile
    Erunama

Yay! I guess I can actually start using this site over the winter now. I'll be sure to try it soon.
      Strider

What a great site! I've been using a different site for logging my multisport training but have switched because of the neat features. I love the graphs and the mapping. I usualy track miles by car or bike computer but now I can lay out a specific distance prior to running a new route. This will be especially handy for trips. Keep up the good work and I'll keep exploring the site for new things. John