Contacts woes (Read 687 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I like the idea of LASIK, but am squeamish about getting my eyeballs cut. It's silly, but nonetheless, i'm sticking with my old contact lenses for now.
    It's not as bad as you expect. The place I had it done (TLC - Tiger and I have something in common!) prescribed a Valium for just before the surgery to relax me, and the eye was numbed before they started. I had an all-laser procedure, so the worst part was the pressure exerted by the suction ring that is used to hold the eye steady for the initial flap the laser cuts. The thing it compares to the most is having a tooth drilled under Novocaine - without the burning smell. There's pressure but no pain. The laser sculpting itself was nothing - as soon as the flap is opened you can't see a damn thing clearly, so you can barely make out the laser light. Recover in a dark room for 1/2 hour or so. Go home, sleep, keep your eyes closed as much as possible for 24 hrs, wear protective eye covers for 3 days (to prevent infection while the flap heals, mainly), then see clearly for the rest of your life.
    Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I went to a TLC clinic too! So you and me and Tiger have something in common! Smile Psychologically, it is also good to know that when the suction on your eye happens, you will temporarily lose your sight and only see blackness. But it is only for a second or so.

TRUST THE PROCESS