Now this is an ice bath... (Read 641 times)

sdewan

2010 Goofy Trainee

(my apologies to those in the midwest who had to run in snow or sub-freezing temps today. I don't mean to gloat.) I had an awesome finish to my run today. My route took me within a few miles of Laguna Beach, so my family picked me up and we headed for the beach. I soaked my legs in the icy water of the Pacific Ocean while watching my kids splash around. (the air temp was in the upper 80's so it was not even close to cold.) I wish I could end every run that way. Here's a picture of the "bath" I soaked in: Treasure Island November 23

Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream...

stephonya

Wow, gorgeous! Lucky you.
        You suck Just kidding... actually jealous. Beautiful scenery.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

TedsHead

Team Me, Myself & I

No really you suck! Clowning around I live 45min from RI beaches; I would guess it was a little colder here. I was a baby today and ran inside while watching football. I plan on doing my 17th annual Penguin Plunge at Mackerel Cove in Jamestown, RI on 1/01/09 12pm est, if anyone is interested (fund raiser for Special Olympics). All I can guarantee is it won't be close to 80 degrees. Smile
            Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Finished my first marathon 1-13-2008 in 6:03:37 at P.F. Chang's in Phoenix. PR in San Antonio RnR 5:45:58!!!!!! on 11-16-08 The only thing that has ever made any difference in my running is running. Goal: Break 2:30 in the HM this year Jay Benson Tri (place in Athena category) 5-10-09