Editing a copied course (Read 665 times)

I would add that it would be great to be able to delete existing points and insert new points.
    eric says you can. I say you can on Safari. Try it beta tester.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

eric says you can. I say you can on Safari. Try it beta tester.
      I just did try on Safari. I could move but could not delete points (you can undo, but that is different). How exactly are you deleting?
        By highlighting the editable point, and right clicking. mta: I thought I might have imagined it, so I opened Safari (3.2.1) and did it again. Everything: highlight, click and move, right-click delete and insert a point with left click.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Testing in Safari - Left click and drag moves a point in Safari - check, that works Right click and delete a point in Safari - check, that works Left click to insert a new point in between existing points - nope. All it does is add a new point from the end of the course. That is fine if I want to extend my course, but if I am clicking within the route, I likely want to insert a point there, between the two points that make up the line segment where I am clicking. Testing in FF - Left click and drag moves a point in FF - check, that works Right click and delete a point in FF - check, that works Left click to insert a new point in between existing points - nope. Not in FF either.
            Left click to insert a new point in between existing points - nope. All it does is add a new point from the end of the course. That is fine if I want to extend my course, but if I am clicking within the route, I likely want to insert a point there, between the two points that make up the line segment where I am clicking.
            If you are not on the path it will do that. Erase and try again. Zoom in closer this time. So what pray tell would you say why I can not delete a point using FF? FF 3.0.4 and not having 3.0.5? I'll wait for a response from eric and try that tomorrow. Gotta git a shower and go to to bed, earlier this time.

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you are not on the path it will do that. Erase and try again. Zoom in closer this time.
              Zoomed all the way in, I could not insert a new point. I can add a point to the end of the route.
              So what pray tell would you say why I can not delete a point using FF? FF 3.0.4 and not having 3.0.5?
              I don't know, I did not program this site. Why not just upgrade to 3.0.5?
              I'll wait for a response from eric and try that tomorrow
              Totally reasonable Big grin
                In the toolbar above map, you prolly hadn't checked the "Insert Point" box. On another note, have you discovered in the toolbar the "Follow Road" box. I don't believe we had it before. It's awesome! I almost don't care about editing a map cause creating a new one from scratch is almost like click, click, click, you're done. No corners are cut, it seems perfect, but I'm gonna test it some more later.

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, follow road IS da bomb! Follow road, though, respects one-way streets, which I do not always do while running. Minor issue, that. Ahh, an insert point checkbox. Look't that!
                    Downloaded FF 3.0.5 Still the same. No

Ricky

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Downloaded FF 3.0.5 Still the same. No
                      That, sir, is weird. Works well for me. I wonder if you have an odd setting. Eric?
                      calderlad

Just noticed that I cant either
                        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Just noticed that I cant either
                          What are you using?
                          calderlad

The latest Firefox but after that I am afraid the technical data is lost on me
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Macintosh? PC? What operating system?
                              eric :)

I tried the map with Firefox 2.0 on a Mac and the map works fine for me. I was able to drag a point, add a point and delete a point. Interestingly, you could sort of do it on Safari (3.2.1), except that after you delete a point, then the rest of the points became inactive (they don't react when you hover the cursor over them). However, if you add a new point, then they become active again. Very weird.