Best Bib Number in a major race (Read 1379 times)

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

If When I run that race, I suggest you assign me the number "∞" , since that's about how long it will take me to complete the course. I will do my best to amuse you between now and then.
    Roses Revenge

Maybe that whole race is imaginary. I know I have been trying to imagine going to it myself.
      Oh, good. Then I can imagine a BQ.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If When I run that race, I suggest you assign me the number "∞" , since that's about how long it will take me to complete the course.
        I imagine that number is already taken.
        mikeymike

That race is not imaginary. At least I don't think it is.

Runners run

Think Whirled Peas

It's not even a number. Is it?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's not even a number. Is it?
              Well, what do you consider a number? Do you consider the square root of -1 to be a number? Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

You'll ruin your knees!

You run Monkey in 2009 and I'll see if the RD can get you an elite bib a lube job to go with your "not for my car oil change". He's an idiot, thoeaux.
                fify

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Think Whirled Peas

Well, what do you consider a number? Do you consider the square root of -1 to be a number? Smile
                  An imaginary number, by its very name, would seem to be a number. But infinity isn't a number...it's...infinite. yeah?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

An imaginary number, by its very name, would seem to be a number. But infinity isn't a number...it's...infinite. yeah?
                    Well, I thought it was a transcendental number, but maybe not. However, there is a series of .. um... cardinal numbers? -- aleph numbers and whatnot -- actually I think I was only introduced to aleph 0 and aleph 1 -- in relation to how there are more real numbers than rational numbers. (Maybe the other alephs lived in a rough neighborhood.) Found them on the monkeynet. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleph_number Hm, I am too lazy to figure out how to type an aleph. Wait no, I got it: א Oops, forgot about RTL issues; I am afraid to try to get a zero on the left side of that...

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oh yea, this is more of Cantor's fault. A lot is his fault. Smile He called them transfinite numbers according to wikimonkia. That is probably what I was misremembering as "transcendental".

Think Whirled Peas

/twitter on/ I just pooped trying to follow AmoresPerros' last two responses. /twitter off/ MTA: Oh, and Wink

eric :)

The imaginary number would make a cool bib number Smile Infinity is pretty cool too Wink

Feeling the growl again

103X at Boston...not bad considering non-elites start at 1000. I think I've been around 100 or better at Chicago, can't remember. I've been single digits in some major non-marathons.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I ran a race in March, and the guy standing next to me in line for the bathroom had #666. I made a comment about it, and his response was even better. He was a Methodist pastor of a local church. Strange coincidence....or the work of satan?
                              xor

My job today was to hand out packets to half marathoners. You better believe that when the proper recipient came to pick up #666, we had a grand time. Also #999. I asked this person to please wear her number upside down.