New Garmin 405 - Help with Maps (Read 448 times)

I just purchased my first GPS watch.  I took it for a run right away to test it out.  It seemed to work fine as it was giving me mile splits and total distance during the run.  I just downloaded everything to the computer Garmin Trainer and online at Garmin Connect and I cannot view any maps or graphs although all of the other data is there (total distance, split info, average pace per lap, etc.).

Did I incorrectly set up the watch prior to the run?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Aaron

That just sounds weird. I can't think of any setting on a 405 that would give you all the lap data - but no map data.

I remember seeing a note somewhere that if you press the "start" button too soon then the watch may not have a gps lock when you start your run. Perhaps if you do this then it never saves map data. Is this what could have happened?

I always look at the satellite display to check I have a decent lock on the satellites before I start a run. It sometimes means a bit of standing around while it gets a lock - but normally I remember to turn it on to the "training view" and leave it on a bench in the back garden while I put on my shoes

Running - cheaper than therapy

Thanks much.  It seems to have worked properly for my next two runs.  Interestingly, for my first run (when it didnt show a map), I had GPS "on" but the watch never showed a  "locating satelittes" screen.  I noticed at the beginning of my next run it said "locating satelittes" , I waited until it finished loading, completed the run and everything worked fine.

During my first run I thought that it had to be mapping becaus it was transmitting pace and distance (which seemed accurate).

Anyway, so far I love this watch.  It seems to get a lot of bad press because of the bezel but locking the bezel during the run is easy.

Thanks again for the help.

Rider on the storm

Thanks much.  It seems to have worked properly for my next two runs.  Interestingly, for my first run (when it didnt show a map), I had GPS "on" but the watch never showed a  "locating satelittes" screen.  I noticed at the beginning of my next run it said "locating satelittes" , I waited until it finished loading, completed the run and everything worked fine.

During my first run I thought that it had to be mapping becaus it was transmitting pace and distance (which seemed accurate).

Anyway, so far I love this watch.  It seems to get a lot of bad press because of the bezel but locking the bezel during the run is easy.

Thanks again for the help.

I love it too. Can't understand what's all the fuss is about with the bezel, even with sweaty fingers it works fine with me. ^^