I'm running with my cell phone from now on !!! (Read 822 times)

De-slacking in progress

Dang it- I've missed some great picture taking opportunities the last two weeks ! Deer, turkeys, buzzards,etc. Could have had a great shot of the buzzard sitting on top of a telephone pole drying his wings out during a light rain. He just sat there watching me run by. He was still there 1/2 hr later when I came back. I got a "real" cell phone now that takes pics and video. Have a 2 gig card in it. Today the DW and I were on a run together and the first part of the run was on the outskirts of town in a closed loop road. A little ankle bitter came out to try to eat us ( dachshund ). All teeth and bark- funny as all get out and would have been a great picture. At least until I stopped and pointed my finger at him and yelled at him to go home.( big chicken- did what I told him to do) Then out on the county road a nice size deer runs right out in front of us across the road. The only problem was that the deer was running at 5K pace but the fence is 10 feet high and she didn't know that. WHACK- head on into the fence and on her butt throwing her back 10 feet. She stood there dazed a few secs and ran up the road with us try the fence two more times- WHACK. She finally ran another 20 yards up the road and tried again- this time success- no fence there. It was hilarious. So from now on I'm putting my phone into my mp3 player arm band and bringing it along. I never run with music anyway.

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Imminent Catastrophe

So long as you post the pix here, that's fine!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, were you in my 'hood? We have turkeys, buzzards and deer here, too. And a neighbor of mine has an evil little dachshund who tried to bite me last winter when I had heavy compression tights on. It was hilarious. I have big calves (for a girl, anyhow...I got nuthin' on Trent) and he couldn't sink his teeth into them. Little shit was extra yappy, then. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I cant wait to bring the camera with me after the first light coat of snow. Last year on thanksgiving morning I went for a run before going to my relatives and it was just beautiful. A light coat of pure white snow covering everything, I followed a single set of footprints along the bike path for the first couple miles then was alone, on the way home I got to retrace my steps. Was just one of those times when I was so glad to be a runner, it was just so perfect! The other time I feel this way is when I'm running in pouring rain, but I find fewer people share this sentiment. Either way, pictures on the run would be a very nice thread idea for here, bound to get a nice mix of funny and pretty!

Insert witty title here

I almost stepped on a dead black bird on my run today.. not nearly as exciting as a deer or buzzard!

ThomasRuns Blog
            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Menace to Sobriety

I almost stepped on a dead black bird on my run today.. not nearly as exciting as a deer or buzzard!
              West Nile?

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Best Present Ever

Two friends of mine were attacked at knife point for the camera of one while running this summer. Of course, it was in Rwanda, but it cured me of any desire to run with a camera ....
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The world is officially a weird place. Officially. Used to be, when you planned to take pictures, you would pack along something called a "camera". You would save the phone for times when you wanted to make calls. Weird.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The world is officially a weird place. Officially. Used to be, when you planned to take pictures, you would pack along something called a "camera". You would save the phone for times when you wanted to make calls. Weird.
                    There's definitely a weird generation gap when it comes to cell phones...seems the under 30 crowd buys a phone to multi-task and most features are lost on me. I almost never text, rarely use my phone as a camera. I bought the smallest cell phone I could find (Samsung Juke) when I replaced my last phone. I often forget that I am carrying a camera with me all the time...heck, my phone has an mp3 player that I've never used. I kind of miss cell phones that are just for making and receiving calls. QWERTY keyboards...? Shocked

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I wished I would have had mine yesterday... I saw a tarantula while I was running, and they are not common in my area.

Top 'O the World!

I like the quality of pics better on the camera (which is smaller) than the ones from the cell phone....however, it is workable!
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                          Forget the phone! You should take a large caliber pistol, knife, b-plug, rope, and state game license.

Vim