This Morning... (Read 343 times)

(ok, I was up waay before the sun but I'm trying to make this inspirational! Wink) I awoke to the sun shining brightly, the birds chirping and I immediately got the urge to run...no set time, distance or pace, just to go out and enjoy the morning. As with my daily routine, I got my youngest DS up and ready for school, his breakfast made & eaten and off to the sitter's before school; I went on to work, got the store open and ready to conduct the days bussiness, awaiting for the crew to show up. Then I laced up the Nike's and off I went on my daily little jaunt from work, around the Home Depot's parking lot a few times and back again. At one point in the middle of it I actually realized I was running too fast; well, faster than I would any other day, so I backed my pace of a little and continued. There isn't too much to "see" in my little trek but off in the pastures behind this mega-store there are horses and cows grazing as they do daily. As I went by on one of my laps I could here a horse "whinny" loudly as if he were running and playing with the other animials, as horses like to do when it's cool yet sunny in the morning much like today. Every time I would come around the North West corner of this big brick building, the sun would pounce out from around the corner and hit me in the face, whisking away the cool morning air and replacing it with gentle warmth...the kind that makes everything else dissappear! On return to my humble little place of employment I roll down this short little hill, usually carefully so not to go too fast or change my pace but not this morning...I ended up running down it like I was in a race, my stride lengthening, the pace picking up and my body feeling some how lighter than it actually is. As I rounded the store front of my building I hit the Garmin to stop it as is routine, only to glance down and realize that I had done my daily little jaunt in two minutes LESS than usual! Now mind you, I'm not running marathons (yet) nor am I a sprinter but to go out for a morning run and get completely lost in it is the perfect way to start a day and makes everything...better. I've had many good runs and even more not-so-good runs but this morning was an inspirational run for me and I hope that my little story will help you if you didn't have that perfect run. (Now if I could just figure out how to have this kind of effect for my first "official" race, I'll be awesome! Big grin)

Rob M.-A PROUD AMERICAN VETERAN! OlllO-It's a JEEP thing! GOALS 2010: 5K- 5KFVS, 5/22/10: 29:15 10K- Old River Run, 5/8/10: 1:02.24 City of Roses Half Marathon, 9/19/10: Marathon-St. Judes Memphis Marathon, 12/4/10?? Duathlon-??? Triathlon(sprint)-???