4-letter s-word (Read 1116 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Yesh, it is 80 something here which isn't all that bad it is the wild fire smoke/smog that is killing me. It is early mornings and early evenings for me for a little bit longer.
    Shocked in so many ways! Wow.

dork.major dork.

Oh no... no dreadmill. Ever. There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices. Cool
      The corollary of this is that there is no such thing as bad clothing, just bad planning.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I would still never move back to Texas. Up here, there's maybe one month where I can't run outside because of snow (roads get too narrow with snowbanks). Down there, it was hot for months on end. Blech.
        Not up here in the panhandle! The car windows were frosted over this morning. Temps in the 20's overnight. It's not uncommon for us to have single digit temps in the winter--even during the day. Our first snowfall is sometimes as early as October, and 3 years ago it was still snowing the first week of May.
          The corollary of this is that there is no such thing as bad clothing, just bad planning.
          Bad clothing choices would be bad planning... Wink This would be a good example of a bad choice on clothing: Several miles of this: Let to this: Poor Mike. He had a rough day.

dork.major dork.

Right. I missed the choices piece. My coach was anti choices, and so it wasn't part of his mantra. Ouch on the snow, but, on the other hand: Mike does have amazing quads.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Fall snow is the best! A nice pretty coat without (too much) ice! Everything looks great lightly frosted. I'm not sure if I'm tough enough to run outside. I made it to the very end of November last year (Minnesota) before heading to the Y and hitting the treadmill. Hopefully this year I can either tough it out longer (outside or inside, I gave up on the treadmill after a few weeks and quickly gained 10 lbs, thats no good!)

flatland mountaineer

Oh no... no dreadmill. Ever. There is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing choices. Cool
                I half expected to see a picture of Big Al barefoot in the snow but the one you posted was equally crazy. Nice pic of Flattop Spires I presume? 5 inches of the four letter s stuff here yesterday.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

xor

<tangent> Here's another four letter sword: epee. </tangent>

I half expected to see a picture of Big Al barefoot in the snow but the one you posted was equally crazy. Nice pic of Flattop Spires I presume? 5 inches of the four letter s stuff here yesterday.
                    hahaha!!! Big Al's reputation precedes him Smile Yeah, Flattop, looking up Dragonstail Couloir.
                      Zoom--Sorry about your impending white stuff. Down here in IN, we're forecasting some flurries on Mon. Yech! Not at all ready for this. DD is home from PHX for the weekend. She's freezing in the cold (55 deg. Roll eyes ) temps. No sympathy from us. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

Bugs

cgerber, cool pictures. I gawked at those quads for a good five minutes. He must be pretty serious about hill training! Ugh..forcast is: Sunday, Oct 26 High: 48 °F RealFeel®: 34 °F Winds gusting past 45 mph; mostly cloudy and colder with a rain or snow shower in spots. oh, say it aint so!

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh..forcast is: Sunday, Oct 26 High: 48 °F RealFeel®: 34 °F Winds gusting past 45 mph; mostly cloudy and colder with a rain or snow shower in spots. oh, say it aint so!
                          Yep...I drove home in a mix of pouring rain, snow, and hail tonite. Kind of isolated patches. Cars with at least a half inch of wet accumulation on them. Joy. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Bugs

Yep...I drove home in a mix of pouring rain, snow, and hail tonite. Kind of isolated patches. Cars with at least a half inch of wet accumulation on them. Joy. Roll eyes
                            My 5 year old said, "It would be a great day to go to Hawaii." Where he got that from, I have no idea as we've never been to Hawaii. I was up early to run, dressed warm as I wanted to go slow anyway and it really wasn't so bad. At least if it snows I can wait to blow out leaves until Spring.

Bugs

De-slacking in progress

Northeast Ohio 10/28/08 this morning run, then it turned to sleet on my last mile and one half full sleet then pouring down rain and the snow all gone by the time I got home- YUK

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

Lia's Daddy

I had my first run in snow flurries this season last night and I'm in North Carolina. We had some school closings this morning around here. I have lived here since 1993 and this is the first time I remember snow before Halloween. I enjoyed the run last night because it was "different" but also remember how by the end of the winter I dread putting on all the layers just to go out for a run.
                                "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen