1/2 marathon pace HELP (cash on the line) (Read 1043 times)

You had very good game plan going into it; your 5k time was easily good enough, now a couple of questions, did you wear a heart rate monitor or what was your overall exertion feeling, really pushing it or comfort level till you knew you could do it at mile 9 or 10 and then pushed it; do you feel you left anything in the tank, and what shoe did you run in?
    1. No heart rate monitor. I'm thinking about getting one but I'm scared that will turn every enjoyable run into a calculated training run. 2. Overall I felt really good almost the entire way. I was much closer to "really pushing it" then I was to "comfort" but it's a race. I really thing that I could of ran the thing faster in retrospect. 3. At the end I was near empty but I'm sure that had to do a lot with the fact that the final 800 yards was near sprint. I hate when I cross the finish line that fast. I only have a half dozen race under my belt so I'm still learning my body. I don't think I should be able to move that fast after 12.5 miles. 4. I ran in the same shoes I've been training in. Saucony Grid Omni with about 150 miles on them. I've have PF in my left foot for 4 months now I these shoes make it bearable.
      Great racing Chaloo, You might not have the prototype body for distance running but you sure do have a lot going for you otherwise. Although I rated you an underdog to break 1:45, it doesn't shock me that you did. However, to do it with so much room to spare and finish the way you did surprises me a lot. I'm not new at this either. If it wasn't for that PF I would be all over you to get your big *ss out there and run more miles. I couldn't run a decent 5k off the mileage you put in for this thing. Sub 1:30 is a long ways from where you are now but very doable if you can get that foot healed and put in the training. Well done
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        Great racing Chaloo, You might not have the prototype body for distance running but you sure do have a lot going for you otherwise. Although I rated you an underdog to break 1:45, it doesn't shock me that you did. However, to do it with so much room to spare and finish the way you did surprises me a lot. I'm not new at this either. If it wasn't for that PF I would be all over you to get your big *ss out there and run more miles. I couldn't run a decent 5k off the mileage you put in for this thing. Sub 1:30 is a long ways from where you are now but very doable if you can get that foot healed and put in the training. Well done
        Thanks again. You email is very motivating. I'm going to ride the bike for the next 2 weeks in hopes of my foot healing and then...it's on. I'm hooked!

Bugs

Great work. Honestly I would have bet against you because of the low miles. Guess everyone is better at guessing the pace that is right for them. Good like with the PF!

Bugs