Shoe Fetish's? (Read 510 times)

Let's talk shoes or rather your hang-ups, fetishs, OCD habits, traditions, etc. There are two questions to answer; 1. How many pairs of running shoes do you keep on hand? 2. What are some of your shoe traditions? I keep only one pair. Here are some of my 'habits'; - Cannot have 2 pair of runnig shoes because the 1st pair may get jealous - Cannot just wear them, this is to say unless I am running they cannot be worn. Not even driving to/from a race. - I tie them once then never again - The laces must not be twisted, prior to tying them(see previous note) they must be re-laced properly - They can never be washed - They have their own 'voice' and persona - They never ever quit - So far always the same brand - When I need a new shoe(i.e. a fix) I get them from the same 'shoe pimp' - Unless my toes are falling out they are still good - Lastly, on the rare times I am injured it is the shoes fault, always the shoes fault. Surely, you are more interesting comments. Dennis

#artbydmcbride

I have 5 pairs in rotation. One pair I always wear at the track. The track is dirt and these shoes are always the dirtiest. I have 2 pairs that I alternate on the roads, one slightly older than the other. They don't get jealous as far as I know. Big grin I have one pair of trail shoes. These I wear while running trails. And I have one pair of racing flats, that make me fast just wearing them. I have worn them while not running, just because they are so sexy. Cool

Runners run

Well I like the old school mentality .... One Runner .... One Shoe! I started off as a solo shoe until wore out then a new one of same exact brand/model. Last few months have two pair in the rotation (different brands no less) with a Nike Peguasis - Nuetral and Mizuno Inspire 5 (Stability and lighter @ only 10 oz). The mixture does seem to help and have read some that rotating shoes helps extend the life of shoes by 60%. One study showed my poor shoes needed 48 hrs to recover to full state ... screw the shoes what about my knees Tongue A little bizare if my shoes need more rest than my body. Now I have three pair as just got a pair of new balance shoes as part of their wear test program, although I think my Nike's are ending end of life (Did not do good job of tracking miles early on). If I get up to Five I know I have a problem Wink

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I think I have three in rotation. I'm not positively sure -- one of those has at least 500mi on it, and I guess needs to be retired soon but it's my favorite. Another pair is the same model, but I don't like it as much so far -- weird huh. Wait, that means I have 4 pairs, now I realize I can name. Went to the running log -- it's only there to have discussions about ridiculous topics like this, right? 661mi (favorite), 124mi (same shoe but haven't started liking it), 382mi, 117mi and according to my RA equipment log there are several more pairs in the 4xx miles around; not sure where, haven't seen them in a while. But I have a retired pair in the car and two retired pairs that are yard work shoes -- some of them might be ones with only 4xx miles that started to hurt.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

After thread I just lined up my three pair and compared them (My one insole on my oldest pair is all jacked up and amazing it does not hurt??) After seeing the new pretty ones I had to clean up the older pairs a bit just so they do not get a low self esteme trying to keep up with the new girl at the dance. .... I guess that is a shoe fetish??
            But I have a retired pair in the car and two retired pairs that are yard work shoes -- some of them might be ones with only 4xx miles that started to hurt.
            Funny as my fourth shoe is retired and has become my baseball coaching shoe. Field has some nasty red clay/soil and dust stains everthing. Bad thing just found out tonight the light weight material shoe allows clay dust (no that it is dry) to penetrate and I have stained socks now. Running shoes do not necessarily make best use in other areas but you hate to waste $100 without getting ebry once out of them.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

Hawt and sexy

I usually have 4 shoes in rotation. One must be a racing flat to train in. Two are usually stability shoes. And one is a lightweight trainer. I race in the flat or the lightweight trainer depending on distance of said race.

I'm touching your pants.