What are you running plans for the winter? (Read 817 times)

seeEricaRun

Awesome

I'll stick it out for a while, maybe through mid-January. I'll become increasingly bitter about the cold, snow and lack of light until I refuse to leave the house for any non-emergency whatsoever. I'll then get depressed, eat too much and gain 5-10 lbs. Toward the end of March I'll start thinking about running again, and I'll be back on my feet sometime in early April.

A Saucy Wench

I'll keep running about the same. I'll probably back off the long run and spread my mileage out a bit. More weightlifting, less speedwork. But sometimes if the roads are bad I'll head to the track and do speedwork. Its hard to get my mid-long runs in during the week in the dead of winter so I probably will have a lot more 6-7's and a lot less 3's or 10's I'm a lot less structured in the winter. If weather is good I go farther, if weather is bad I might X train or do track work. First race of the year for me is always the first weekend in January, so not easing up too much.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Half Fanatic #846

I'm really looking forward to colder weather and after that, I'll really be looking forward to warmer weather - seems to happen every year... Confused I'll try to work up to 40-45 mpw, and do more dreadmill runs when it's cold, 'cause I'm a fair-weather runner (living in Florida, it's hard not to be!). Also I'll race more - maybe 2x a month. Right now I'm fighting some mild PF - it really sucks not to run, and it's only been 8 days! Sad Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Prince of Fatness

This winter I will just aim to maintain base mileage. I did that last year and it paid off with a HM PR in April. I used to always cut back in the winter. No more.

Not at it at all. 

Go Daddy

I'll keep running about the same. Its hard to get my mid-long runs in during the week in the dead of winter so I probably will have a lot more 6-7's and a lot less 3's or 10's I'm a lot less structured in the winter. If weather is good I go farther
            Ditto
            I'm really looking forward to colder weather and after that, I'll really be looking forward to warmer weather - seems to happen every year... Confused
            Ditto Dressing in layers gets old after a couple of months. I may take a mid winter "vacation" and run on a treadmill at a club for a week.
              Finally I will be able to build up a decent base. Summer weighs heavily on me. The other night I went for a night time run and went late because of the heat. Was about 77 at the end of my run at 11:30pm. Luckily I live in Southern California and except for the occasional rain winter weather is much better than summer weather in my opinion. I would perfer to run in a cool rain than in the heat. By winter I will run for about a year and should have lost around 50 pounds. Maybe I will finnally able to throw down some weeks that actually look like a real runners.
                Then again it isn't going into winter everywhere Wink I'm just happy that spring is around the corner finally!
                The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
                • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
                • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
                • Complete a 10K fun run
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Build MAFF base by not racing this winter.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

I'm looking for a BQ this October, but even if I get it (knock on wood, paper or anything else remotely derivative), I don't plan on running Boston next year, so I'll spend the Fall/Winter prepping for shorter Spring races, then returning to Marathon mode in the summer. Last winter was my first true "runner's winter" and I took a couple months just doing slow running which I regret. I hope to keep my legs moving fast at least every 7-10 days this go round, while giving myself somewhat of a training break.