Garmin 305 Won't Upload New Workouts (Read 1636 times)

Brian9598

Anyone out there know why my G-305 won't upload my recent workouts? I'vev had no issues with it until yesterday. The only difference is previously I've only done run workouts and uploaded immediately. Yesterday I did a run in the morning...a bike in the afternoon. Both recorded in the 305 - I can still see all the data in it. However, when I upload to RA, it tells me "no new data." Any help? Confused
      I had that happen once also. I searched the Garmin web site, their fix was to record another run... even just for 5 seconds or so.... save it, then try again. Don't really even need to run, just start the timer and then stop it after a few seconds. You can just delete that "run" then.

Brian9598

Just tried that...didn't work. For some reason, it is completely ignoring Saturday's two workouts even though they are stored and viewable on the unit. It is picking up all previous and post 4/18 workouts...just not that day. Oh well...
          I have a 301 that quit uploading. It would show on the unit but not on the computer. I went to this website (below) and followed these instructions. It cleared all the data out of my unit, but the workouts are still on my computer. Hope this helps. http://www.heartratemonitor.co.uk/garmin_forerunner_reset.html P.S.It works perfectly now after resetting.
            some questions to break down the problem. Was it a multisport workout or did you reset between both workouts? Did you try to upload to other sites or applications. If not you might give it a try to upload to garmin training center. When it uploads to TC and not here, there might be a difference in the way the workouts are being handeled. If not then probably there is something wrong with your workouts and then you better throw them a way on your watch. And if they show up in TC you can export them and upload them here by the file upload mechanism. It just didn't pick up the workouts of that one day. You said,right? It did pick up the newer workout that ToeJammer sugests? If so then it probably is a multisport event.
              See also this tread there seems to be a problem with multisport workouts. So maybe after al don't delete the workouts. For the short time use the TC route and maybe later on Eric finds a solution. And the you can upload direct from the forerunner.

Brian9598

Thanks for the info...I did not reset b/w workouts and it did record as a multisport event. Looks like Eric is working on it. Thanks again.

Tag

RA will not import multisport events for me either. Works fine with Run only or Bike only entries. If I switch from one to the other during a workout it doesn't grab either.