Boston Jacket (Read 2955 times)

xhristopher

The Boston Marathon sandals do the same thing as the belt but for running.  In the end I will buy the sandals so that I don't have to race every idiot that runs by me.  They should know that I was nice enough to let them pass because I am running an easy day.    Hopefully they are respectfull of the sandals and bow as they run by.  Now if another person runs by me with their Boston Marathon sandals on then it will be on like Donkey Kong!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

What you need is a pair of shoes which list your 27 world records on them.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

What you need is a pair of shoes which list your 27 world records on them.

I always thought that they should have the jackets link to our garmin so that it could show our pace and current mileage clearly on our jackets so that all could see it as we are running. 

That way when people catch you running for a minute or two they can see that you are on mile 18 and you can see that they are only on mile 2.  Then they will know to bow to you as they go by, only to see you speed up again to pass them and put them in their place.  This of course forces them to bow once again as you pass.  

Just in case anyone is taking me seriously I am just teasing and kidding around.  I don't think the jacket really means that you are all that fast.  Especially when you look at some of the qualifing times for the ladies Wink  (Again just kidding!  See the winky guy at the end.  That means I am kidding.) 

BTW - These jackets would really only mean anything if you could only get them with your registration.  If only we could find a cool way to run with your medal and not have it flop all over the place. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

BTW - These jackets would really only mean anything if you could only get them with your registration.  If only we could find a cool way to run with your medal and not have it flop all over the place. 

You want a medal for registering?  I think they call that a bib!  :-)

Then they will probably sell a "finishers" jacket.

I think I just heard somebody at Adidas commissioning a market research study....

E.J.
            Greater Lowell Road Runners
            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Worst.Slides.Ever.  Bought 'em cheap online when they were on clearance.  Wouldn't be worth the price if they were free, the return label was on that box in record time.. 

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

C-R

Did you try to run a race in them BD? I know the minimal movement is afoot but really.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

bhearn

That way when people catch you running for a minute or two they can see that you are on mile 18 and you can see that they are only on mile 2.  Then they will know to bow to you as they go by, only to see you speed up again to pass them and put them in their place.  This of course forces them to bow once again as you pass.  

My way of doing this is to keep wearing my headlamp at mile 18, that I put on whenI left the house a half hour before sunrise.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I always thought that they should have the jackets link to our garmin so that it could show our pace and current mileage clearly on our jackets so that all could see it as we are running. 

That way when people catch you running for a minute or two they can see that you are on mile 18 and you can see that they are only on mile 2.  Then they will know to bow to you as they go by...

Freaking genius. Now I have to bow down to you for this genius idea.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Best Present Ever

My way of doing this is to keep wearing my headlamp at mile 18, that I put on whenI left the house a half hour before sunrise.

This only works with a certain segment of the population. I have had several people ask me why I have a headlamp on. It didn't occur to them that I had started running in the dark. So now I know that at least some people see me with my headlamp in the early post-sunrise hours and think I am just weird.

Did you try to run a race in them BD? I know the minimal movement is afoot but really.

No you big silly, if I'm going to make a minimalist statement it would be in pink Crocs.  And a skirt,  And I'd shave off my hippie hair.  That way I could be like my hero from Boston '09.

I think those are the '09 Qualifier jacket and Qualifier gloves.

E.J.

xor

The pink dude (?) next to your hero is in hose.  Not bad either.

Imminent Catastrophe

Nah just trying to be your support group.  You need a challenger but it has to be someone faster than me.  And weird that twice in two days I've seen hazardous spelled with two "z"s.

That looks a little like Jenn Shelton.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Jenn Shelton will kick your ass!