Running With Ipods or MP3 Players (Read 823 times)

Back in the day when I used a walkman while running (ha, do kids even know what walkmans are anymore??? I can't be that old) I would have to switch hands because my shoulder would cramp up if I kept it in the same hand for longer than say, a mile. I usually run on the TM, so I put my MP3 player on the shelf, or if I'm outside I'll stick it under the strap of my sports bra cause I don't like the cord flapping around while I move my arms. I find it a little hard to believe that carrying an MP3 player could cause lower back injury though, just cause it's so light, I would be surprised that anyone would not swing that arm because of the weight of the MP3 player? Interesting.
    2009 Goals:
    PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
    Run a 10K
    Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
    Complete my first Sprint Tri
    Rundadrun27

If that dude stopped me mid-run, I'd tell him that my left fist can cause injury to his lower jaw.
      That dude was old enough to be my grandfather. My mother always taught me to have respect for my elders.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

well if that's true what about us that push a stroller every now and then? hmmmm....
        I believe I have had more injuries related to getting a screaming, kicking two-year-old in and out of a car seat, in or out of a time out or playing soccer and tripping over sprinklers, accidently getting in the way of a swiming plastic baseball bat..than I will ever have running with a stroller. And you?
        Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
          I have an Ipod case and I strap it to my upper right arm. The problem with this is that the sweat builds up and soaks through the case, and I'm kinda scared that my Ipod will stop working due to water damage. Several times, I've pulled the ipod out of the case and the back has been wet... Undecided sorry, maybe that was TMI? Yes