Half Marathon end of March (Read 66 times)

RepRhi

I have my first half marathon race coming up. I’ve done 13 miles road before & 14 miles trail but not official races. I’ve been training for the half up to 10.5 miles last weekend.

Yesterday I had a walking event 25 miles & 6000 ft of elevation! My legs are in bits today … just about to foam roll, massage gun etc!

just wondering on advice how to progress my training this week planned a long run next Sunday  hope my legs will be ok! 

usually in a week I do:

3 x weight based training sessions

2 x cardio based sessions - these can be my runs

2 x smaller runs / 1 long run

an amazing likeness

Your task now is to recover and show up at the race fresh and ready to go; there's no benefit for the half the marathon to be gained by workouts this week.  Just a few light (very easy) jogs during the week to keep loose. Recover for a few days, do the weight stuff if it is important to you, and then your 4 easy runs.

Update -- after re-reading your post a few times, I'm not sure you mean you half marathon is this coming Sunday (ie, 6 days hence), or not? My feedback above assumes your race is this coming weekend.

If the half isn't this coming weekend, then focus on recovery for a few days with walks and stretching, then pick up your plan heading into your long run Sunday...ie, just carry on.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

littleGizmo

Inspiring post hope you the best of luck.

I am going to try to train to a half marathon myself. I finished a 10k today on the treadmill at my gym very happy. i am going to try the next step and progress to where I can run a half marathon distance at a 4-5mph pace.

jacquelynnorris1

spammer spamming
          meatsa

Update: After giving your article a couple more reads, I'm not entirely certain that you mean your half marathon will take place on the following Sunday (that is, six days from now). The comments I provided above is based on the assumption that your race occurs this next weekend.

https://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/backrooms