Basic long lasting treadmill (Read 135 times)

Julia1971

Julia -- most of the cost will be labor and the amount of labor will depend on how challenging it is to pull new electrical wire from your electrical panel to location of your new treadmill. At the low end, it would be an hour, and the high end might be a day. No insights on your area, but I'd budget $150/hour plus about $100 in materials...(and 6 weeks waiting for availability of the electrician)

Thanks!  My partner seems to think it'll be a half-day. But then he also remembered that during our home inspection, we were told we needed to replace the box so, he's guessing any electrician we hire for this job will insist on doing that, as well. Or, put another way, if we already need to call someone out to replace the box, we might as well spend a bit more to have them run a dedicated circuit, too.

Julia1971

FYI, it turns out we had 3 breakers going into the basement, so it's looking like the treadmill might actually be on it's own circuit.  The Landis L8 arrived this weekend.  I've only done one serious run but it's working well so far.

millenerjulius

The biggest complaint I've heard from people who run on treadmills is that it's boring.

issiakaimg

The biggest complaint I've heard from people who run on treadmills is that it's boring.

. I don't know about you, but when I go outside to run, many other things happen. There's the scenery, the weather, and the people around me. When I'm on a treadmill, I'm focused on my running and nothing else. It helps that treadmills are typically in rooms without windows, so there are no distractions, so I decided to get one from endurancetreadmills.com.au. Their treadmills are great because they have built-in programs like intervals, giving me something to focus on while running.