Replacing elevation data in old courses (Read 251 times)

Hi there,

I really appreciate being able to replace the Garmin 305's dubious elevation data with real data, but what I'm trying to figure out now is how to replace the elevation data on old courses from before RA started doing the replacing this summer. It seems that if I click the elevation button in the map a few times, and maybe click another button or two up there, the elevation data changes, but I can't say for sure that it's right, and it doesn't seem to stay with the map. I'm guessing I can do a Save As with the same name to replace the map with a new one, but I haven't tried that yet.

Am I on the right track, or is there a more approved way of doing this?

Thanks!

cheers... -Adam

eric :)

Hi Adam,

When you click the elevation button twice (once to hide it, the second time to display it), it will also reload the elevation data.  This is available for all maps.  I haven't put in the code that will automatically update the elevation data associated with the map yet so you'll have to do this every time.  The only exception is the course map.  You can edit the course, refresh the elevation, and then save the course.  This will update the map so you don't have to refresh it the next time you view it.

eric :-)