Garmin 305 heart rate monitor stopped working (Read 793 times)

I've had my 305 since last summer, and it has served me well.  Recently during a run, my heart rate stopped being reported to my watch.  It went from a normal reading to the flat line that shows when I'm not wearing the hear rate strap.  It then showed a reading of about 30bpm, and then went back to the flat line. 

So far I've tried:

• cleaning the contacts on the chest strap
    • replacing the battery on the heart rate monitor
    • cleaning the gold battery contacts
    • synching the watch to the heart rate monitor
    • contacting Garmin

I haven't had any luck with any of those.  I'm just trying to figure out if there's any hope for my heart rate monitor or if it's just dead and I need to buy a new one.  Has anyone had this problem?

Amazon is currently selling a replacement strap for $40, but they also have another Garmin watch that sells for $50 but also comes with a strap.  I'm guessing that strap would work with my 305, right?  Anyway, I'm hoping I can fix the one I already have and don't have to find out.

Lazy idiot

Funny answer: "Dana, are you still with us?"

Serious answer: sorry, I've got nothing.  I've heard folks say great things about Garmin's customer service, perhaps give them a call to see if they will exchange?

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Funny answer: "Dana, are you still with us?"

This was supposed to be funny?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lazy idiot

This was supposed to be funny?

I'm a little rusty.

MTA: And all of a sudden you're the "bad taste" joke police?    Though I suppose being a fan of the mighty Wolverines... ahhh, never mind. 

Sorry to hijack, dnstapes.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I'm a little rusty.

MTA: And all of a sudden you're the "bad taste" joke police?    Though I suppose being a fan of the mighty Wolverines... ahhh, never mind. 

Dude, I couldn't care less about taste. I just posted in the Michigander forum that hopefully the douchebag that was mowing his lawn along the Crim race course during the 1990 run is dead by now.

I just thought your joke sucked.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.