Equipment field - one only (Read 1489 times)

Steve T

I've imported many years of SportTracks data.  

Within SportTracks I track multiple equipment items per run, ie shoes and gps watch.   It appears to me that RunningAhead can only track one equipment item per activity, is this correct?   If not, how do I associate a 2nd and 3rd equipment item per run.

Steve.

eric :)

Steve,

The log is not designed for this kind of detail.  For most people, tracking the shoes are enough.  If you can explain to me why it is important to record whether you ran with a GPS enabled watch or a regular watch, I'm open to adding support for it.

Imminent Catastrophe

It doesn't just have to be a watch. Could be a hydration pack, headlamp, or other equipment.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Steve T

As Perfessor said, it doesn't have to be a GPS watch.  The equipment I keep track of are:

1. Shoes

2. GPS Watch (301, now the 310XT)

3. Night vest (Exelite Lumivest)

4. Fuel belt

Obviously, I'm not wearing the night vest or fuel belt for every run but is interesting to know the precise use.

I wouldn't say having a multiple equipment field is an absolute 'must have' it's just something I was use to in SportTracks.   I was just wanting to make sure that it wasn't a multiple field.

Steve.

chaplanger

Home from Iraq 2005

Several months late to the party here -- but I want to add +1 to multiple gear support.

Ultimately what I like about the way the equipment tracker is set up is the cost/mile feature.

This makes it more palatable for DW to see that yes, the equipment is necessary and costs so very little over the long haul! (especially gear like garmins).

Please do consider this for future releases and upgrades.

5k: -- 26:12 (12/17/2016)

10k: 58:36 (6/14/2016)

Half: 2:08:23 (7/4/2015)

Longest: 15.03 (5/31/2014)

Half Marathon Bucket List Goals: 15 of 50 states completed / 2 of 7 Continents completed.

janmacg

I would love to track what cold-weather gear I wore so later I could check temps & equipment and not over/under dress.

Christophebp

One more request for the "multiple equipment" request. I track shoes and orthotics.

RunningwithGirls

+1, I would love to see all the equipment I use for a run, specifically shoes, headlight, GPS, head gear, hydration packs

an amazing likeness

In general, I think when we (users of RA) advocate for additional fields and features in the log, we should be required to propose 2 removals to restore and promote simplicity.

(No...this is not a sarcastic jab at the folks asking for multiple equipment records.)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

How about a notes field where we could write down all the gear we wore where how many miles on it doesn't matter....oh wait.

Why would someone need to track a headlamp or vest?

Do orthodics wear out? I don't use them and I thought they were just plastic.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

How about running bras?  They wear out, and they are expensive. Now let's see you argue against that one, fellas!  

Big grin

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

How about running bras?  They wear out, and they are expensive. Now let's see you argue against that one, fellas!  

Big grin

Do you need to track mileage to know when the support is gone? I think you can go by feel, no? Shocked

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

dennrunner

How about a notes field where we could write down all the gear we wore where how many miles on it doesn't matter....oh wait.

Don't be ridiculous! I need to be able to run a report to determine my mileage and pace in my red shirts versus my blue shirts. 

Do you need to track mileage to know when the support is gone? I think you can go by feel, no? Shocked

You can do the same with shoes, right?

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!