running ahead does not detect my Garmin Forerunner 15 (Read 72 times)

runningahead.com does not detect that my Garmin Forerunner 15 is plugged in to the usb port. But my garmin express connection detects that my Forerunner is plugged in to my usb. How can I get runningahead.com to detect that my Forerunner is plugged in? Runningahead.com was detecting it a few days ago, while using my Internet Explorer browser, yet suddenly it quit detecting my gps device.

For whatever reason, I was able to download my data on runningahead.com today.  While Garmin Express gave me no problems as usual.  That makes me wonder if there's a problem with the software being used here now?

an amazing likeness

If you are using Garmin Express (as you say in your posts) -- then RunningAhead should not and will not detect your device. In that scenario, the upload process is Garmin Express uploads to Garmin Connect and then Garmin Connect transfers the file to RunningAhead.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

If you are using Garmin Express (as you say in your posts) -- then RunningAhead should not and will not detect your device. In that scenario, the upload process is Garmin Express uploads to Garmin Connect and then Garmin Connect transfers the file to RunningAhead.

But it quit downloading my data before I downloaded Garmin Express.

GinnyinPA

I also have the 15.  Usually RA downloads the data at the same time as Garmin syncs.  The few times it hasn't instantly found the Garmin, I'll just press the button in the Workout screen that says "upload GPS data" and it will find the data immediately. Alternately, unplug your watch, then plug it in again.  That's what I do when Garmin doesn't sync immediately.