RA Runners rankings (Read 2052 times)

in fact, pie is by far my favorite food group. No lie, I like a good pie. Whatever the contents of that delectable pastry... mmm..., and every culture has its good pie. Carry on.
    My friends and I have a Pie Club, and once every month or two we host a massive party with a couple of dozen delicious, handmade pie creations (dreamscapes, if you will). There is also liquor involved. Just sayin'.

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

My friends and I have a Pie Club, and once every month or two we host a massive party with a couple of dozen delicious, handmade pie creations (dreamscapes, if you will). There is also liquor involved. Just sayin'.
      We use cherry, apple, lemon and peach. No liquor unless it's wine.
      And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

My MIL (and consequently, DH) is a pie freak. For Thanksgiving, she mades everyone 2 pies. 10 people coming to dinner? 20 pies it is, and she asks everyone for their favorites so you get what you want. And then you eat pie for the next three days. I swear, every time we go there for thanksgiving I gain 10 pounds in a weekend.
        2009 Goals:
        PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
        Run a 10K
        Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
        Complete my first Sprint Tri
          We use cherry, apple, lemon and peach. No liquor unless it's wine.
          Oh, the liquor is not for the pies...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Oh, the liquor is not for the pies...
            Vodka?
            And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

A Saucy Wench

My MIL (and consequently, DH) is a pie freak. For Thanksgiving, she mades everyone 2 pies. 10 people coming to dinner? 20 pies it is, and she asks everyone for their favorites so you get what you want. And then you eat pie for the next three days. I swear, every time we go there for thanksgiving I gain 10 pounds in a weekend.
              WOW - I think it is bad that I make 2 pies for thanksgiving and usually the people we have T-day with make extra pumpkin so they can have leftovers. We only have 4 adults and 4 little kids who as of last year wouldnt try pie (I think on my side that will be different this year) And we tend to have 2 HUGE pies and 2 little ones. My apple pie weighs more than 2 normal pies. pie. pie pie pie pie pie * must save the last sliver of dh's birthday pie for him* Shy

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Man, this thread took a delightful and delicious turn! Pie makes everything better. Unless it is mincemeat...

an amazing likeness

Pie makes everything better.
                  Most round food is good. Pie are not square, Pie are round. Pie are good.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xor

That's the punchline to an Aggie joke (Texas A&M.. whoop! class of 91). "Pie are round. Cornbread are square." I won't tell the whole joke.

Why is it sideways?

Someone please explain this thread to me.

Run the race God set B4U

I'm still trying to figure it out....and a tad curious about sr lopez' secret joke Shy
                        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

A Saucy Wench

That's the punchline to an Aggie joke (Texas A&M.. whoop! class of 91). "Pie are round. Cornbread are square." I won't tell the whole joke.
                          heh. an oldie I think at any engineering school.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Vodka?
                            Thank you, don't mind if I do...

Jack Kerouac

if anyone really wanted to do this I'd suggest you could make some kind of handicapping like the 'ol fashioned bowling leagues. Age-Weight-Sex graded would be more inclusive. And kind of funny. Apparently my recent 22:47 5k was an 18:41 for someone of ideal age and weight. Not great but my imaginary time is a darn site closer to respectable. http://academic.udayton.edu/PaulVanderburgh/weight_age_grading_calculator.htm I don't know how productive it is. I know full well there are many people way faster than me. I'm just suggesting a way to get us old and not so fast people into the mix if someone really wanted to do this kind of thing.

modal + 4955 + Big grin

Vim