Critically Important Racing/Logging Questions (Read 697 times)

JakeKnight

So I ran a lovely 92 degree 5-k yesterday, and at the end of it my Garmin said I ran it in 21:55. But the official race time is 21:43! Which time should I log? Also - the Garmin recorded the distance as 3.15 miles instead of 3.10685 miles! How exactly should I log the additional 0.04315 miles?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

You should log the race at its true mileage.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

JakeKnight

You should log the race at its true mileage.
        Right. But how does one find guaranteed truth? Can truth be found while it is sought? Or will it only elude the truth seeker because he is seeking the truth? Or is this manifestly false?

Grasshoppa. When you can take the pebble from my hand, you may leave.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

A Saucy Wench

go back. run it again repeat 30 times take the average

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

JakeKnight

I don't appreciate being mocked. I'm super serious. That's just wrong, man.

fixed.

Jennifer mm#1231

Purdey

Self anointed title

Have the confidence to log what you feel is correct.

Oh Mighty Wing

The people who organize the race have no clue what they were doing. Please feel free to log what your garmin indicated since 1) it made you faster and 2) it works by GPS how can it possibly be wrong. Also you might as well add insult to injury to those you picked off while shirtless.
                      I think this was discussed before here: Garmin

Michelle

Think Whirled Peas

I think this was discussed before here: Garmin
                        Nice try, partner, but you can't get me to click garmin links around here. FWIW, I think you can log both times, JK. That way your log would be more impressive to look at, and stuff.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Definitely you should input the Garmin time for your race, don't you think?

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Troublemakers. All o' ya.
                              Right. But how does one find guaranteed truth? Can truth be found while it is sought? Or will it only elude the truth seeker because he is seeking the truth? Or is this manifestly false?
                              We are the music makers.... and we are the dreamers of dreams. (Gene Wilder 1971)
                                Do whAt Makes seNse!

Jennifer mm#1231