Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

I'd prefer to run a wimpy flat marathon :-).....I'm running Chicago in October
    Same here... CHICAGO!!
      Norm, Va, we should definitely meet up!
      2009: BQ?
      va

Norm, Va, we should definitely meet up!
        Have you made hotel reservations yet? Do you have any recommendations? Is it too soon? (I live about an hour away, and will stay in a hotel the night before.)

Imminent Catastrophe

Loch Ness Marathon. I will let you know if I see anything "interesting". MONKEY! New York City (I hope) Blue Ridge Mountain Masters 50k I'm looking for a good race in September, preferably a trail run. Any suggestions?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I'm signed up for Chicago in October and hope to get into New York in November. Maybe Philadelphia if New York doesn't work out.
              Portland, OR in October!
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Tricia, Norm, I am running Richmod too. I would be interested in an RA meet up. Trent, I think Richmond's probably a better choice for my first marathon, but I am putting the Flying Monkey on my short list for Fall 2008. It looks like a great race. I am not afraid of a few hills or flying monkeys!!!
                Thanks Big grin We did have a few first time marathoners in 2007. Right Jeff?
                  I'm looking for a good race in September, preferably a trail run. Any suggestions?
                  not quite Sept but StumpJump 50k is October 6th...it's just outside of Chattanooga. It's a beautiful area! I haven't run this race, but it's around where I lived for a few brief years. I'm not registered for one yet because I might be starting a new job, YIKES! Haven't worked outside the home in 13 years so I just can't plan that far ahead. I'd love to do StumpJump or the Flying Monkey, but realisticly, I may have to settle for the nike women's marathon.

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

StumpJump is supposed to be a great 50k, and they have tons of great swag. I have had this on my to do list for many moons. Oh. And it is a great training run for the Monkey Evil grin

Why is it sideways?

I might run both.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For those who don't know, when I said, "A RA runner won this thing last year", I was referring to Jeff, Stump Jumper and Monkey extraordinaire, who won the monkey!

Why is it sideways?

A dubious honor, at best.
                            I'm entered in the Robin Hood Marathon in Nottingham.
                              That's awesome that there are two people running the Bizz Johnson. I seriously considered it, but it lost out to the allure of Huntington Beach in February. Not exactly a fall marathon, but the closest I could get. Wink
                              "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
                              muse_runner

keep running.

Callie, how's the full marathon? The 1/2 is a definite PR course!
                                running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.