Fall Marathons (Read 1196 times)

My dogs are fast, not me

I hear that there is another marathon near you about 2 weeks earlier. One that is far more interesting and memorable Evil grin Big grin
    Hmmmm. I may have heard something about that..... Not sure it would be a good choice for my first marathon, though. Something about hills and monkeys.....

Robin

I thought it would be cool to see who is running what fall marathon ...
      I'm deciding between Harrisburg or Philadelphia.... it'll be my first and being able to do a smallish one has some appeal to me. Then again, pain is pain, and Philly sounds cool, soooo....

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

Like Mississippi, I do not have any marathons scheduled. A marathon is something way off in my future or at least that is how I feel now. If I did do one, my only goal would be to complete it. This Saturday, I will be attempting my first HM. Way OT: Talking of Saving Private Ryan, they had a nice little devotional at http://www.rbc.org/odb/odb-04-09-07.shtmlabout indebtedness.

Vim

If I did do one, my only goal would be to complete it.
          Yeah, that's what we all say. Wink Big grin
          "Running is a big question mark that's there each and every day. It asks you, 'Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?' " - Peter Maher, Irish-Canadian Olympian
            Does Jan count as fall or only in the south? Because JB and I were thinking about Tiberias. I think there is no way I am in now. Maybe she will run anyway, but I somehow doubt it. It is supposed to be a great race, especially if you like nice warm weather, fast, and flat. Oh, and if I ever get around to running one (which I doubt even more now than I did a few months ago when I didnt think I would), I have a definite time goal: finish within the cut-off time. Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

Does Jan count as fall or only in the south? Because JB and I were thinking about Tiberias. I think there is no way I am in now. Maybe she will run anyway, but I somehow doubt it. It is supposed to be a great race, especially if you like nice warm weather, fast, and flat.
              Hey AbbaGimp, I ran the Tiberias this year. It is fast and almost flat, a beautiful course around the Sea of Galilee, lots of history. The weather can be very unpredictable that time of year, though. We had a ferocious windstorm in the middle and just missed a cold rain that came in the afternoon.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Jill_B

I fly.

Abbagimp: I'm not going to be able to run Tiberias - we have passport issues that may not be resolved by January. Pick another location anywhere in the world and I'll meet you there.

Bring it on.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

A couple of Nashville folk ran Tiberias this past Fall. Interesting. JB, what kind of passport troubles keep you out of Israel?
                    I'm about to run my first "official" half marathon. I ran the same course two weeks ago in a time of 2:52, not fast, but I finished the course and that was and will be my goal. I did feel good that I finished in under 3 hours. As far as a marathon I'm definitely starting to have those kinds of thoughts for either this fall at the very earliest or in the early part of 2008. If I do a marathon I'm considering the Tulsa 66 Marathon in November, the Dallas White Rock Marathon in December, the Houston Marathon in January '08, or the OKC Memorial Marathon in April '08. There are plenty of relatively close options. The Houston Marathon might take front seat over the others though because that is where my brother ran his first marathon this year and I think he is considering running again in '08 and it would be cool to be in the same race.
                    Run Steady....Run Safe http://aggiesoles.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

JB, what kind of passport troubles keep you out of Israel?
                      The only thing I am aware of is that an Israeli stamp in your passport may cause you trouble when trying to visit some Muslim countries. The Israeli immigration agents know this and and won't stamp your passport, or will put the stamp on a seperate piece of paper, if you ask.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Hey AbbaGimp, I ran the Tiberias this year. It is fast and almost flat, a beautiful course around the Sea of Galilee, lots of history. The weather can be very unpredictable that time of year, though. We had a ferocious windstorm in the middle and just missed a cold rain that came in the afternoon.
                        Kol HaKavod! No one said anything about the unpredictable weather part! Guess I wont be too bumbed it wont work out for me anyway! Roll eyes GB is the one with passport probs? (Doesnt he have dual cit or am I hallucinating again? If so, I blame it on jet-grog.) I am not going to be ready to run my first next January. At least, I think it sounds like a terrible idea. If I am back running by this summer, that will only give me ~6 months to go from 0 miles a week to more miles a week than I have ever run. Maybe CMM on Zurich 2009? Or MCM or HHFMM in 2008? Or maybe none?
                        Jill_B

I fly.

The passport issue isn't anything major, it's just something we need to deal with and probably won't until well after January. I'm not running the monkey marathon again. Well, that's the stance I'm taking now, we'll talk once registration opens. Maybe France in 2010?

Bring it on.

The passport issue isn't anything major, it's just something we need to deal with and probably won't until well after January. I'm not running the monkey marathon again. Well, that's the stance I'm taking now, we'll talk once registration opens. Maybe France in 2010?
                            I dont like France. Too upitty. Or something. (Nothing against my future sister-in-law!) Brazil 2010? Hey, since you said anywhere else in the world - what about Syria? I hear we will have no problem going there! <smirk>

Prophet!

lol.. if you want a real adventure, check out www.racingahead.com - There's a good race in September Smile if you don't mind adding in a little cross training and getting lost in the woods.
                              hey surfsong12, where is that picture from that is in your profile ? is that on the right or left coast ? Empty, glassy barrells, heaven on earth.
                              Scout7

I'm deciding between Harrisburg or Philadelphia.... it'll be my first and being able to do a smallish one has some appeal to me. Then again, pain is pain, and Philly sounds cool, soooo....
                                I don't know that Philly counts as "small". Baltimore is a good option.