Pet Peeves (Read 801 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Listening to DH in the next room playing Doom3 with headphones on. Dude has no clue how loud he is...heavy breathing, grunting, thrashing about in his chair. Roll eyes

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Listening to DH in the next room playing Doom3 with headphones on. Dude has no clue how loud he is...heavy breathing, grunting, thrashing about in his chair. Roll eyes
      LOL! At least he wears headphones! It could be worse. We used to live in a small apt and our headboard backed up to the computer (paper thin wall dividing the rooms...might have even been just panelling). I'd lay there trying to sleep listening to all the growls and monster moans. Roll eyes

Another Passion

I'm not a gamer, so I don't get it.

Rick
        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Another Passion

LOL! At least he wears headphones! It could be worse. We used to live in a small apt and our headboard backed up to the computer (paper thin wall dividing the rooms...might have even been just panelling). I'd lay there trying to sleep listening to all the growls and monster moans. Roll eyes
          I thought you were going to make a comment about the headboard hitting the wall and knocking the computer off its desk or sumptin'. Blush

Rick
          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought you were going to make a comment about the headboard hitting the wall and knocking the computer off its desk or sumptin'. Blush
            Apparently not running makes Rick EXTRA pervy...not that that's a bad thing, per se. Speaking of, will you find out tomorrow the results of your MRI? As for the game thing...I could get addicted to the SIMS for a few days at a stretch, but then I'd bet bored. I don't get gaming at all! And I really wish did would not play at all when Dane is around. The kid is totally obsessed with guns. Gah. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

Apparently not running makes Rick EXTRA pervy...not that that's a bad thing, per se.
              Ha!! Big grin
              As for the game thing...I could get addicted to the SIMS for a few days at a stretch, but then I'd bet bored. I don't get gaming at all! And I really wish did would not play at all when Dane is around. The kid is totally obsessed with guns. Gah. Black eye
              I totally get the gaming thing. It was in that tiny little apt that I stayed up playing Prince of Persia (now that'll date me) until I reached the final level. ALL afternoon and night, over and over, and I finally won. It was 4 a.m. and I had absolutely no one to call! Blush The gun thing, though. Yeah, our kids too. We're not anti-gun (have a practice site on the property) but our kids can pick their guns according to their missions- that's for sure! Bonding time with Dad! Roll eyes
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We're not anti-gun (have a practice site on the property) but our kids can pick their guns according to their missions- that's for sure! Bonding time with Dad! Roll eyes
                I think guns are great...for hunting, but Dane is all about machine guns and fully automatic things for shooting aliens and zombies. And pretends to shoot them all day. Bah. Hey, do you guys do anything with archery?

~ Sarah Kay

Just started an archery class with my 8-year old son. He LOVES it! Says its the funnest thing he's ever done. I'm buying him his own bow this week. Big grin Just so you know, most boys get into guns to one degree or another. As a hunter and recreational shooter, I'd advise any parent to let their kids learn recreational shooting for safety purposes if nothing else. Both my kids have shot appropriate guns at appropriate targets, and we make it a routine part of our family outings. (We camp a lot). I don't care if they take up shooting on their own, I just don't want them playing with their friends' dad's gun when nobody is home. At least I know they've learned good safety practices from me. (If you have no formal training yourself, I'd highly suggest it, again for safety reasons. Like learning to swim whether you like it or not).
                  Do bears bear? Do bees be?
                    Hey, do you guys do anything with archery?
                    Not yet, though we could! Although, I know none of the bows we have would go low enough for our little guy. Maybe the crossbow... Evil grin (JK!)

Bugs

I think guns are great...for hunting, but Dane is all about machine guns and fully automatic things for shooting aliens and zombies. And pretends to shoot them all day. Bah. Hey, do you guys do anything with archery?
                      Funny, yesterday we went to youth at a shooting range. DS-7yrs and DS-5yrs had a great time and DS-5 won a BB gun, he's eyes lit up, think he'll remember getting it forever. The whole thing makes me nervous, but DH is a responsible person and taking precautions. He says that it's better to teach them, than for them to grow up not knowing how to use them safely.

Bugs

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just started an archery class with my 8-year old son. He LOVES it! Says its the funnest thing he's ever done. I'm buying him his own bow this week. Big grin Just so you know, most boys get into guns to one degree or another. As a hunter and recreational shooter, I'd advise any parent to let their kids learn recreational shooting for safety purposes if nothing else. Both my kids have shot appropriate guns at appropriate targets, and we make it a routine part of our family outings. (We camp a lot). I don't care if they take up shooting on their own, I just don't want them playing with their friends' dad's gun when nobody is home. At least I know they've learned good safety practices from me. (If you have no formal training yourself, I'd highly suggest it, again for safety reasons. Like learning to swim whether you like it or not).
                        Oh, Dane has already shot a gun--he got to do some "riflery" work during his Spring Break camp. Didn't even hit the target once. I don't have a problem with him knowing how to shoot a gun in a setting like that...but this constant obsession with making machine gun noises and pretending to shoot everything in sight in the house has gotten old...really fast. Archery is awesome (and quiet). I've got pretty mean aim with a recurve. Too bad I don't hunt--the deer are probably pretty thankful for that, though. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

...but this constant obsession with making machine gun noises and pretending to shoot everything in sight in the house has gotten old...really fast.
                          FWIW, I did this all the time as a kid and I turned out okay.

Tick tock

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Other than the Ohio State thing...

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yeah...see, this is my concern. Roll eyes Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Other than the Ohio State thing...
                                Yeah...see, this is my concern. Roll eyes Evil grin
                                Booooooo....

Tick tock