London Marathon Live on US TV (Read 957 times)

bap

Universal Sports Channel http://www.universalsports.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=23000&SPID=13048&SPSID=105671

Certified Running Coach
    Crocked since 2013

Right on Hereford...

Boston, New York, Berlin, and Chicago, too. All live on free broadcast TV! I love Universal Sports ever since I discovered it a couple months ago...
      kcam

I'm not seeing it here in the Bay Area. At least for Boston, it doesn't appear to be live continuous coverage. There are snippets of coverage but not the entire thing. I think I may be resigned to Universal Sports' video stream on the internet.

Right on Hereford...

I'm not seeing it here in the Bay Area. At least for Boston, it doesn't appear to be live continuous coverage. There are snippets of coverage but not the entire thing. I think I may be resigned to Universal Sports' video stream on the internet.
          Ken, where are you seeing a schedule that says it won't be full live coverage? I thought the Universal Sports channel was the same everywhere?
          kcam

Titantv.com. My zip code is 95129. Uni Sports is 11.3 in my neck of the woods. http://titantv.com/quickguide/quickguide.aspx I see a segment that starts at 6:30AM and ends at 8:00AM PST. Which means this hour and a half segment is before the race even starts - WTF? Then there's another 30minute segment starting at 9AM (this is when the race actually starts). This section ends at 9:30AM - WTF?! Then there's another segment at 3:00PM that goes for two hours. I'm guessing this is selected sequences of the marathon itself. But the race is long over by then.

Right on Hereford...

Sweet, thanks for the link, Ken. For us in Colorado, it shows coverage from 7:30 - 10:30, which should be everything. Wow, it sucks that you aren't getting the whole thing. Maybe keep an eye on it this week and see if the schedule changes? Do you see the occasional commercial for "Live Boston Marathon coverage" like we do?
              bap

Sweet, thanks for the link, Ken. For us in Colorado, it shows coverage from 7:30 - 10:30, which should be everything. Wow, it sucks that you aren't getting the whole thing. Maybe keep an eye on it this week and see if the schedule changes? Do you see the occasional commercial for "Live Boston Marathon coverage" like we do?
                This is confusing. The marathon section says LIVE at 4am ET but looking at the TV schedule, they are showing highlights at 9am ET. Maybe they have just received the rights and have yet to change their schedule. I have written to them for confirmation. I hope they use the BBC commentators. Brendan Foster and Steve Cram are excellent (though neither has competitive marathon experience).

Certified Running Coach
                Crocked since 2013

kcam

This is confusing. The marathon section says LIVE at 4am ET but looking at the TV schedule, they are showing highlights at 9am ET. Maybe they have just received the rights and have yet to change their schedule. I have written to them for confirmation. I hope they use the BBC commentators. Brendan Foster and Steve Cram are excellent (though neither has competitive marathon experience).
                  This is what I'm hoping for. I'm taking the day off so I can watch this thing without the boss-man looking over my shoulder.
                  bap

This is what I'm hoping for. I'm taking the day off so I can watch this thing without the boss-man looking over my shoulder.
                    You work at 4 am on Sundays?

Certified Running Coach
                    Crocked since 2013

You can watch it LIVE online and then they'll show it later on TV. I watched Rotterdam on the DVR later in the day. I will do the same for London. I ain't getting up that early.... Especially on the 1st Sunday in a long while where I won't have to do a long run!!!

Right on Hereford...

You work at 4 am on Sundays?
                        I think some of us are talking about London and some of us are talking about Boston. I was confused, too...
                        MrH

I hope they use the BBC commentators. Brendan Foster and Steve Cram are excellent (though neither has competitive marathon experience).
                          Although they know a little about competitive distance running. Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Brendan Foster and Steve Cram are excellent (though neither has competitive marathon experience).
                            You are correct - neither have run a competitive marathon. However.... Steve Cram retired from athletics in the early 1990s. In 1999 he ran a marathon, "for fun", off just 3 - 4 days training a week for a few months. He ran a 2:35. Nice "fun run". He has also run the Comrades Ultra Marathon in South Africa, "for fun". Brendan Foster has, as far as I know, never run a marathon. He knows a bit about the 10,000m though. I also agree that they are both excellent commentators.

Imminent Catastrophe

Boston, New York, Berlin, and Chicago, too. All live on free broadcast TV! I love Universal Sports ever since I discovered it a couple months ago...
                              Bah. DirecTV doesn't carry it.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016